Diablo - Belzebub HD Mod

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
While browsing the internet I came across a new mod for Diablo called Beelzebub. The mod provides a bunch of fixes, and hd textures for the game. Here are some the details.

Project code name: Belzebub

Belzebub is code name of modification project, which will probably be most advanced Diablo 1 mod. For now project is in open beta phase (single player). Below there is short demonstration that presents some of the game features.

Features:

• Increased resolution and support for panoramic screens
  • Fully integrated with new windows systems
  • Many user interface improvements
  • New hero classes Barbarian and Assassin
  • All quests which were missing from original game are now implemented
  • Four difficulty levels available in single player
  • New locations
  • New special and randomly generated bosses
  • New spells
  • New character skills
  • New item types and affixes
  • 204 unique items
  • 28 sets with 105 set items
  • 170 crafting recipes
  • Great number of minor gameplay changes
  • And many more...
Installation

In order to run mod, copy all files from archive to Diablo 1 game folder. Modification requires openAL library installed which is included in the archive. To start game run Belzebub.exe file. Remember that mod requires mounted Diablo 1 cd in virtual drive or diabdat.mpq copied to it's root folder
More information.

Soooo...any idea where one can actually find Diablo these days? xD

Because the mod looks awesome.

Soooo…any idea where one can actually find Diablo these days? xD Because the mod looks awesome.

Amazon is still selling it new for $35, and used for $16.

Link -http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-PC/dp/B00001IVBL

I don't think any site is selling the game in digital format. I know GOG has tried to get both Diablo games on there website due to demand from the sites members.

I don't think any site is selling the game in digital format. I know GOG has tried to get both Diablo games on there website due to demand from the sites members.

And Blizzard is insane for not allowing it. Honestly, who is profiting from that? Blizz would make so much money if they allowed GOG to sell it. But instead, they're choosing no money. I'm sure they're sitting on it, saying "oh well one day we're gonna re-release some awesome new battlechest, just you wait!"

Urgh. That's another company I despise. Sorry for the negativity. :)

And Blizzard is insane for not allowing it. Honestly, who is profiting from that? Blizz would make so much money if they allowed GOG to sell it. But instead, they're choosing no money. I'm sure they're sitting on it, saying "oh well one day we're gonna re-release some awesome new battlechest, just you wait!"

Well I can sum it all up in one sentence it's called Battle.net.:brood:

Just like EA they don't want competition for their own service.
I'm a former Blizzard fanboy. "Former" being the key word. They lost me with Starcraft 2.
I'm still waiting for the last expansion years after the release. I'm sure they will charge another $40-50 again. If I wasn't a fan of the series I wouldn't bother.

Looks like it might be fun to play around with, but there's no way it can compete with modern day games in the genre.

Sometimes I wonder why those talented people aren't working on new games.. or even helping me with my game.. instead of modding such an old game...

Sometimes I wonder why those talented people aren't working on new games.. or even helping me with my game.. instead of modding such an old game…

Yeah, why on Earth would a bunch of strangers not be lining up to help GG with her much publicized game ;)

Even more so, why aren't they helping me with MY game?

The mind boggles!

Looks like it might be fun to play around with, but there's no way it can compete with modern day games in the genre.

I just reinstalled Diablo-Hellfire to try some new mods (and to compare it to my Diablo III adventures) and I was baffled how good it has aged.

Aside from the low Resolution, the bad shadows and the jerky walking animation it still holds its charm and got me hooked after few minutes of playing.

Can't imagine why they base the MOD on vanilla Diablo and not Hellfire, though. This makes no sense at all.

I just reinstalled Diablo-Hellfire to try some new mods (and to compare it to my Diablo III adventures) and I was baffled how good it has aged.

Aside from the low Resolution, the bad shadows and the jerky walking animation it still holds its charm and got me hooked after few minutes of playing.

Can't imagine why they base the MOD on vanilla Diablo and not Hellfire, though. This makes no sense at all.

Hehe, well, I tried Diablo again a few years back - and I nearly threw up :)

To each his own, I guess....

Of the series I think D1 had the best music. I didn't like the symphonic route they went with in D2's expansion, nor do I like the music as much in RoS.

Yeah, why on Earth would a bunch of strangers not be lining up to help GG with her much publicized game ;)

Even more so, why aren't they helping me with MY game?

The mind boggles!

Haha, well the my game part was of course a "joke" but they could have worked on any number of inide or otherwise projects to create something new and great... but prefer to spend a lot of time on something that is a bit "outdated" today... of course I understand they probably still love to play Diablo, and I can understand that, just think the effort might have been better spent elsewhere!

I'm only guessing but it appears that Blizzard doesn't really acknowledge Hellfire as canon and thus the MOD developers may have taken the same stance.

I hated Hellfire. It broke immersion on so many levels

I'm gonna try this , was so psyched . best hack and slash tweaked and polished

I agree.While Diablo was good game for it's time there is no reason to play it over Path of exile, Diablo 3, modded Titan quest or even Grim dawn beta.

but it does. Its much shorter, has better immersion and + nostalgy .. also better writing and plot

I agree.While Diablo was good game for it's time there is no reason to play it over Path of exile, Diablo 3, modded Titan quest or even Grim dawn beta.

Can't disagree more. The aforementioned games are all good ones, but they lack the special gothic atmosphere of Diablo I. Even Hellfire couldn't get that to same degree.

In the same vein these other games never added anything worthwhile to the Diablo (2) formula, unlike eg Sacred 1 and 2 did by taking place in an open world environment.

Back
Top Bottom