Styx: Master Of Shadows - Gameplay Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Focus Interactive released another trailer for Styx that give us a look at the how the green assassin will assassinate his enemies in the game this October.

STYX TAKES ONE MORE SKULK IN THE SHADOWS BEFORE LAUNCH IN THE "ASSASSIN'S GREEN 2" GAMEPLAY TRAILER!

On October 7, become the master of shadows!

Styx: Master of Shadows, the infiltration game from Cyanide Studios, is a challenging and subtle blend of stealth, exploration and assassination, with many opportunities to use the environment to subdue your enemies, or simply pass them by unnoticed, above, or below them. Coming October 7 for download on PS4®, Xbox One® and PC, gain a little inspiration before you begin your ascent of the Tower of Akenash with a new Assassin's Green gameplay video.

In the fifth gameplay video shown today, we take another look at the dynamism and flow of Styx's treacherous ascent, having discovered clones, tactics, skills, and styles. Using all of these to his advantage, Styx manages to poison guards, blind them with his clone, climb vast heights, and reach his objective unseen - the way a goblin should!

As discussed in the gameplay making of video, being a 200 year old goblin, Styx is unique in that his nimble frame and athleticism lets him dance around his environment, relatively quietly with deadly speed and agility. However, while he is fast, agile, and cunning, he is also small, weak, and at constant risk of being surrounded should he knock over a vase, or land noisily, attracting the attention of the guards.

With release rapidly approaching, in what style will you infiltrate The Tower of Akenash?
More information.

Last edited:
meh.

i think its another example of, lets add cool skills and features. and the user ends up having such an easy way playing the game he abandons it

where has the easy to learn difficult to master idea gone?

Im afraid you are right. These games can be easily screwed up if gameplay is shallow and AI is retarded… like here. Guards are completely deaf, dont react properly when you are right next to them… when they notice you for a second they come closer and stand there as easy targets… goblin is obviously stronger… Well, I wonder if he needs any stealth to kill them. :lol: Dull, cheap, immersion-breaking.

That's some really dodgy animations, especially where it looks like he's walking on thin air. I know these folks don't have the financial resources of a Ubisoft or WB, but those types of things definitely break the immersion in a 3D action/stealth game. Plus Dishonored already did this stuff pretty well I think.

It still looks like it could provide some good fun. Not every game needs to be really deep or difficult to still be fun.

At least not to me, I have the soul's series when I want deep and difficult.

Looks fun in the trailers they've put out but I'll wait for reviews to make sure it's actually a good one. I just played Dishonored a few weeks back so I'm in no rush at all.

I found it pretty interesting in of orcs and men but to each their own.

To be honest it's also because these are the same developers who made the Game of Thrones game, which has a surprisingly great story, and from what I played of the Orcs and Men game it fell short.

I do understand they want to create a franchise of their own.

That's probably true.

I'm one of the younger guys in my social circle(42) and I watch my friends get more, jaded, crabby and closed minded with every passing year. I try to make a concerted effort to not be that way and find the good in things.

Sometimes something is so bad I can't but that wasn't the case with of orcs and men. There was plenty of good to be had IMO.

Also, while I typically don't like to play nonhuman characters I found they grew on me.

Actually, playing a nonhuman character and orcs as an oppressed race were the bits which I enjoyed. It's the rest of the game which I didn't.

Last edited:
I much prefer Orcs and Goblins to cutesy, pastel colored, spiky-haired, doe-eyed Emo teens wielding outsized weapons while they save the universe from a nebulous Evil and shed syrupy tears over fallen comrades.

And I much prefer to have bad cold than pneumonia. So what?

Back
Top Bottom