Dungeons Of Aledorn - A New Dungeon RPG Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I received news about an RPG called Dungeons Of Aledorn that has been in development for the past few years. The developers are getting ready for a new kickstarter.

We started an indie game development studio that has decided to return to PC gaming quality. In the game, which is coming soon to return to the old proven principles and plan is to connect the dots in quality Dungeon (RPG) for hard-core gamers and gamers looking to seek challenges in games.

When writing a GDD I was inspired by several older games – Betrayal at Krondor, Realms of Arcania: Shadows over Riva, Might & Magic, Kings Bounty and Fallout.

Dungeons of Aledorn will therefore be a mixture of puzzles , dialogues , tactical combat , quests performance and, ultimately, quality RPG system.
They also have a few translated blogs in English to read.

More information.

Last edited:
Well I hope they add shadows at some point. The screen shots look very flat without them.

Good news for DoA followers. From 1.11.14 we will have for you every week 2 news from DoA development. Until to start KS campaign on february 2015.

Good news for DoA followers. From 1.11.14 we will have for you every week 2 news from DoA development. Until to start KS campaign on february 2015.
Welcome to the forums.:party:
You can PM or E-mail me when you update the webpage as I don't mind posting the updates on our site. When the kickstarter starts we can also do a interview.

Well I hope they add shadows at some point. The screen shots look very flat without them.
Hi,
thx for your interest. Screens, what we have now on our webside are only from development (prototype). 1.11.14 we plan restart all content. Then we will present only the screen of alpha and beta versions. These print-screens would already be illuminated and shaded.

Presentation of the game

Greetings to all fans of RPG games. This is the first of a series of “News” which we will be publishing at regular intervals. In this you will learn a little bit about our project Dungeons of Aledorn (DoA).

DoA is a combination of classic old-school dungeon Crawler with modern RPG elements and tactical combat. Within the DoA gameplay you can move in several major GUI options, which will put particular emphasis on the feasibility and credibility of the world of fantasy, as far as possible.

DoA_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_Team21_Manto_ART_logo.jpg

The basic GUI is as so: Exploring your location while you browse the DoA world from the first-person perspective, as it is known in the old dungeon Crawler habit. The GUI will perform many non-combative activities – exploration, opening chests, finding secret entrances, interacting with NPCs, collecting herbs, and lots more.

The second GUI you will encounter is traveling around the map. Nowadays it is widely advertised and very popular to use the “open world game”, but we decided to form locations, as is used in many of the games you will know eg. Fallout from games or Baldur’s Gate. Thus, we can free up vast resources that we can use to create better and more interesting locations. Of course, while traveling within these areas, the player may come across a plethora of random encounters that will create the necessary atmosphere.

Another interesting GUI management will be the sleep – camp. In this GUI, you can set what your entourage will be doing while resting, which is then reflected in the different characteristics of each character.

Perhaps the most important and at the same time our greatest challenge is the DoA GUI fight. This GUI will combine an ISO-metric view and perspective. Here the GUI places the highest demands on reality. We don’t want the player to get frustrated with something he wants to do in the game that it does not allow him to do. Another major attraction of our game is the battlegrounds (with few exceptions), which are not prepared in advance, but will be placed precisely where the players meet the enemy character. That whatever the player sees in the GUI explore mode will surround him in the GUI fight.

DoA_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_Team21_Logo_KS.png

Dungeons of Aledorn will be a mix of puzzles, dialogues, tactical combat, quests, performances and, ultimately, a quality RPG system. The game is designed for hard-core gamers and gamers looking for a challenge. DoA itself was inspired by several prominent games in the genre. Namely: Betrayal at Krondor, Realms of Arcania: Shadows over Riva, Might & Magic, Kings Bounty and Fallout.

You can also follow us on:
Facebook
G+
Twitter
Team21
www.aledorn.com

Last edited:
I like what I'm seeing so far, and I think forecasting and including your KS date is a smart maneuver. That should keep the buzz buzzing, and have all of us primed for when the date arrives. I do have a question.....will the character creation be an extensive one, or will it be more along the lines of playing a character already provided?

I like what I'm seeing so far, and I think forecasting and including your KS date is a smart maneuver. That should keep the buzz buzzing, and have all of us primed for when the date arrives. I do have a question…..will the character creation be an extensive one, or will it be more along the lines of playing a character already provided?

Hi, thx for your interest. About charakter creation. You will pick race and class. This choice will determine which skills you will get and you will distribute some skill points among these skills. The races will give you some advantages. We will post more details about character creation later.

On behalf Team21
Nefarit

Back
Top Bottom