The CRPG Book Project - Waving To Each Other

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Felipe Pepe sent out news he posted the first update for his CRPG Book Project.

Wow, it has been a month already since I last posted here… I kind of get why kickstarter projects have such a hard time posting regular updates. Can’t really blame them.

Anyway, a lot of things happened in this past weeks. It has been hard to get big websites to cover the project, so I decided to do it myself and wrote an article on Gamasutra about the current (sad) state of video-game history and my work on the book.

It payed off really well, I got a lot of good feedback from that, reposts in various websites, over 2500 visits to the blog over the month and e-mails from developers willing to take part in the project and give interviews. A guy even translated the whole article to Spanish. Es un honor!

If you’re interested in nerd talk with a Brazilian accent, I also gave an interview about the project to Jeremy Smith of General Protection Fault, a US radio show about technology & games.

Thanks to those, about 30 more games have been assigned and 23 new reviews were delivered, meaning we now have 70% of the game assigned. The list of games to be featured on the book also had new additions, with the release of the amazing Legend of Grimrock II and the announcement of PC ports for the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy and Valkyrie Chronicles. What a great time to be a CRPG fan!
More information.

Felipe - your English is easy to understand!

With this rate of new CRPGs you must make a series of CRPG-books :)

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm not used to hearing my own voice, so I think it sounds horrible. :p

And multiple books is totally not gonna happen, at most I'll update it every couple of years. I would like to read one of these on JRPGs, but I'm not the man to do it...

Back
Top Bottom