Lords of Xulima - New Mega Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Numantian Games posted a new update a few minutes ago for Lords of Xulima that has information on a new interface design, the french version, and the release date.
The Lords of Xulima speak French

We are very happy to announce that the French version is ready. You can select it in the options screen. For the new users, that language will be chosen as default if your OS version is in French too.

New Interface Design!

As we are so close to the official launch, we have decided to improve and modernize some of the interface of Lords of Xulima. There were parts that we were not very happy with, that was done in the beginning. The functionality was very good and user-friendly for sure, but the overall look needed some more polishing. Don't worry though, because only the appearance has changed, not the usability.

So now, you have a new Lords of Xulima, which is much more polished, sharper and beautiful. And these improvements would have never been possible without your support during this Early Access phase.

New Voices for the NPCs

They were available since v.016.5 but we had no time to announce them properly. Now the Titans, Witches, Impious Princes and the dark and the inscrutable Yûl heralds now have really awesome voices. Ten different actors have participated in the process. Even the charismatic Guardian of the Arena, The Great Romegor has new voices for special moments.

In the next update we will include the Talisman of Golot. We estimate the official launch of Lords of Xulima for 13th or 14th of November if all goes well. So in two weeks you will finally discover the end of the game. By the way, we are preparing the Talisman of Golot Edition and Deluxe Edition that includes the Talisman, the digital Bestiary, the Mythology, the soundtrack and some more digital rewards.
More information.

No comments on this news-bit yet, but 15 on a gender survey one.:biggrin:

Oh well I look forward to playing the game in a few weeks. I just need to find the time to play it as Dragon Age: Inquisition releasing a few days after it also.

Last edited:
I'm happy the game is nearing completion. LOX remains the only game I ever funded on Indiegogo. I've been happy with the way it seems to be going. It looks like it will be another crowd funded success story. Maybe it will help lift my spirits after how Jagged Alliance: Flashback turned out.

I soon want to start playing...is it far enough along now to play and not have to restart?

I still think it is the game of the year, they've really hit all the right notes with this one. I haven't been as excited and captivated by an RPG in years.

Anybody want to give the short version of what this game is like? Is it like Ultima 7 by chance?

Anybody want to give the short version of what this game is like? Is it like Ultima 7 by chance?

It's very combat focused. Exploration is handled in an isometric perspectives. Whenever you enter (turn-based) combat it switches to first person perspective (sort of like Might and Magic and other FP dungeon crawlers). However, the combat is in my opinion a lot better / more tactical than a lot of other first person "blobbers". The formation in which you place your characters matters a lot and there's a great assortment of spells and skills that make building your characters fun.

Story takes a backseat to combat and exploration in this game. The story isn't bad persay but seems to be rather linear and there's not really any choice / consequence. There's quests and puzzles to solve… Some of the puzzles were kinda annoying / tedious IMO. Still, the combat and resource management aspect is really well done so I found myself enjoying the game alot even though I'm someone who strongly prefers story-driven RPGs w/ lots of role-playing opportunities rather than combat-driven dungeon crawlers. If you like dungeon crawlers like M&M, then you'll probably love this game.

I still think it is the game of the year, they've really hit all the right notes with this one. I haven't been as excited and captivated by an RPG in years.

Really, GOTY? I really like the game and I'm impressed with what they've achieved on a tight budget, but I still found MMX more enjoyable if we're talking GOTY in the same subgenre, and I haven't tried Grimrock 2 yet.

If we're talking RPG's in general, I have several way above LoX on my list.

Really, GOTY? I really like the game and I'm impressed with what they've achieved on a tight budget, but I still found MMX more enjoyable if we're talking GOTY in the same subgenre, and I haven't tried Grimrock 2 yet.

If we're talking RPG's in general, I have several way above LoX on my list.

MMX didn't grab me all that much to be honest, although it was decent. It was lacking the JVC magic. LoX has way more spunk, much higher difficulty, and more clever use of skills.

Back
Top Bottom