Balrum - Mega Update Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Balcony Team have been very quiet in the past few months about the development of Balrum. That just changed as they just released a new kickstarter update.

It is way past the release date. Sadly we have to announce that we need more time. We need at least a few extra months. We don't want to release an unfinished product. Balrum has to be polished!

There is good news too! Balrum is getting much bigger and we are adding extra features along the way. The remaining chapters are coming along nicely and we have a big update for you right now.

We would like to ask you guys something. What do you think about an open beta for all backers? The beta version has been out now for a long time. We are way past the release date so we think that we should at least give the beta to those who bought the game but had no beta access.

The beta does not include backer specific and backer created content. The content created by you will be in the final product.

The new beta is available now at the usual place!
More information.

Has anyone played this? Does anyone know if it would be worth getting? I'm loving the Eschalon feel, but I tried something called Lantern Forge a few months ago (a crafting/survival sandbox like this one) and was miserably disappointed.

The updates on this one are rather slow, even as some who sponsored the game I often feel like they've just forgotten about the product sometimes. I've not played the beta yet, 99% of the time I don't touch a game till release +20-30 patches, but a friend of mine has and really enjoyed it. My expectations on this are small, as they didn't ask for a lot of dough.

Update are slow, but I don't think they have a big team so things are probably moving slowly (especially when you change how everything works less or more).

Compared to some of my other kickstarter game, they aren't that slow though. I backed one that ended up having production issues and they didn't say anything for like a year...

Update are slow, but I don't think they have a big team so things are probably moving slowly (especially when you change how everything works less or more).

Yes its only a two man development team. I tried multiple times to get an interview, but they never respond to the e-mails. I may even try the beta now.

Promising update. They are attending a university so they have to take care of their studies too!

Back
Top Bottom