Satellite Reign - Early Access Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
i find this gameplay so confusing... fast paced, chaotic
can't find a good reason why playing it (cause i doubt writing will be very good)
eh

i find this gameplay so confusing… fast paced, chaotic…
I guess you're talking about the editing rather than about actual gameplay ? Have you watched the gameplay trailer instead ? It looks quite different and much more like a game where you'll have to think before taking decisions and actually acting. Almost like a turn based game. The action is pausable at will and resumes when the player has is mind set.

Too many good games and not enough time :D

I guess my new policy is to wait for all games to get to full release and few months of patches as that might be only way to fit them all in (the horrors of a gamer with a family :D).

"The action is pausable at will and resumes when the player has is mind set."

That's good to hear! Sounds like this is yet another game to put on the pile.

Grrah! Another one I have to get. >.< Want!

tumblr_m3h8jxlafc1qdej6bo1_250.gif

Looks beautiful but… real-time?

Um, did you even play Syndicate? Nice to see that they've added pause though.

Looks fantastic. The attention to detail for the AI seems incredible too, didn't expect it to be that advanced.

Now then, what do we have here? I'd never heard of this one - looks extremely interesting. So beautiful for a kickstarter, too.

The game is real time from what I recall when I asked the developers although you will be able to acquire the ability to slow down time.

This from the backers forum

[Begin Quote]
————————-
In-game pause:
————————-
There is no in-game pause, we wanted the game from day one to be real time.
We are all big fans of turn based, Baldur’s Gate is one of my all time favourites, however it just isn’t the game style we set out to make.

We are testing a skill which slows game time for a short period, so for those who are more into a more controlled play field that would likely be a skill I would invest in.

[End Quote]

From 5LS-Dean

I'm loving the look of this! It really catches that Syndicate vibe. So glad I backed it and I will actually try EA when I get my hands on it.

Last edited:
I loved Syndicate.... It was also the only Bullfrog game which didn't have Molyneux as the lead guy - which is probably why I think it worked so well ;)

I loved Syndicate…. It was also the only Bullfrog game which didn't have Molyneux as the lead guy - which is probably why I think it worked so well ;)

I didn't know that. That explains why it's their only GREAT game. I did play both Populous and Theme Park to some extent, but got bored pretty quickly. I've finished Syndicate at least two times...

I didn't know that. That explains why it's their only GREAT game. I did play both Populous and Theme Park to some extent, but got bored pretty quickly. I've finished Syndicate at least two times…

IIRC, Molyneux put the lead programmer in charge of the game because he had a vision of a game he wanted to make. But that's based on something I believe I read in a magazine 20 years ago, so it could be my imagination ;)

yes i agree that the gameplay is more fitting younger audience.. but the graphic's designs are really fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom