Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - Now on GOG

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is now available on GOG, for those that would like to have it in their collection. It's $23.99 for the first week.

fc5f327c33e35118fc4e2bcfc94b59c5a1e69cf6.jpg

More information.

More information.

played it for a few hours now.

i dont really feel immersed, or any illusion of choice. dialog is not great either.

not sure where it's heading.

there are locked doors .. it remind me of soul reaver a bit.. but soul reaver was more subtle and meaningful

not gonna drop it yet

Mmmm I'm tempted to try it after I'm done with wasteland 2 and legend of grymrock2.

More impressions and opinions here?

I noticed some hint that mortal heroes you can pick have different goals in the story. It could make some conflict between the demon and heroes. Is it true?

Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, the prequel, has a unique way of unlocking powers, called attunements. Many weapons, armor, and jewelry pieces have special abilities that are imbued in them. As you use the particular item, you will unlock that ability and then be able to imbue other items with the same enchantment. You might unlock a fire bow and then put the enchantment into a sword, for instance. There is a spirit realm wherein you can reap essences from killed creatures that can be used on any attunement. The game is mostly an action game like Titan's Quest but with a much deeper plot. It takes quite some time to really start figuring things out. So if that game is out there, you might pick it up too for the backstory.

How similar is this to the first game? I normally hate Arpg’s, too much dull and repetitive clicking, and not enough RPG. The first game was one of the few that I actually enjoyed. It had an intelligent and surprisingly deep story that didn’t overstay its welcome.

played it for a few hours now.

i dont really feel immersed, or any illusion of choice. dialog is not great either.

not sure where it's heading.

there are locked doors .. it remind me of soul reaver a bit.. but soul reaver was more subtle and meaningful

not gonna drop it yet

Uh oh, I liked the immersion based upon the videos and the 3 lines of dialogue appeared good enough to color me interested, then your opinion changed that.

If anybody is interested gog also has the first game for sale, it's just called Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition there (so don't search for Kult).

I've only played it for about an hour so far, but it really never sucked me in. I like the setting and demon/puppet idea, but I didn't find the early writing or combat interesting at all. The pace is pretty slow, not something I've enjoyed, though I expect others will.

Nice graphics, but poor GUI and weak communication of information.
Story is lame, not enticing at all, NPCs are boring, as if they weren't there.
Gameplay is surprisingly similar to Larian's newest crap, err… the game so many love..
Combat is ridiculous, standing in one place and clicking? WTH?

Kult: Heretic Kingdoms was way better than this (if not failed then) simply boring attempt at a sequel..

ok. I just uninstalled it
agree with mercy
story is shit, and dialogs too
I don't understand how they could lie to customers about "choices and consequences"
its just a shitfest action RPG, i never played Diablo 3, but i think they are on par
also u are imortal.. cause heck you have a prty of 4, that you can revive non stop
skills are trash and boring
AI is also trash.. its just slow monsters, fast monsters, and ranged monsters
money worst spent of my life

Back
Top Bottom