Satellite Reign - A Closer Look

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
On her own blog Aubrielle explores the information available of the cyberpunk strategy RPG Satellite Reign, which is coming to Early Access on the 11th of December.

For example, you won’t be able to have 2 Soldiers and 2 Hackers to make up the team, this doesn’t mean you can’t bias the entire team towards a specific play style you prefer, it just means each agent will have unique skills and ways of achieving goals in your chosen style.

Hmm…sounds pretty stiff and linear. I am wondering how we’ll pull off any real flexibility with a pre-chosen team. It seems like they’d want to give the players as much openness as possible, let them screw up if they wanted to take four soldiers or four hackers, let them run into impossible cyber-obstacles or let them get killed a few times, make them learn hard lessons. But I guess we’ll see how this translates in terms of gameplay. Maybe it will end up working out. The devs still insist we’ll have plenty of choice in how or even if we want to go into a fight.
More information.

I agree that the option to have more of one kind of agent would have been nice, even though I would've most certainly had one of each the first time playing anyway. But for a second playthrough, why the hell not?

Edit: Alhough in Syndicate I had four agents that were exactly the same, and it still was a brilliant game...

Maybe they have varied environment and scenarios that demands this initial flexibility. Continuous failing, trial and error, guessing and restarting because of the choice of a single class might be an exercise of furstration than fun or challange.

Back
Top Bottom