Satellite Reign - Impression @ RPS

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Rock, Paper, Shotgun's Alec Meer posted his thoughts on the Early Access version of Satellite Reign that was released this month, and his opinion is very positive.

There are ripples of possibility from every attempted incursion, and right now I’m enjoying watching them spread. The game is in a rickety state right now, no doubt about that, but nothing like enough to destroy what’s working so very well here.

The big question is how this will all play out on a wider, and longer-lasting stage. Car stuff is super-buggy at present, augmentations and weapon upgrades aren’t in there yet, so there’s no way to tell how bigger stuff will affect the delicate balance of combat, and right now missions (selected in an order of your choice from a rudimentary and placeholder menu) don’t entail anything more than getting inside somewhere. The fun is how you get inside, of course, but I suspect it’s going to need a better pay-off if it’s to be done regularly.

There’s a long way to go for sure, and don’t anticipate spending more than a few hours with the current build, but it’s that rare and precious Early Access thing – a game that gets its fundamentals right, right out of the gate, and I’m actively keen to watch it grow, rather than being frustrated by everything that isn’t there.

Most of all, this: Satellite Reign is on course to be the Syndicate we need, not simply the Syndicate we wanted. Please don’t let anything go wrong.
More information.

It's true - I'd agree with RPS. The game is in an early, rickety stage...but the core is there, and it's solid. This is more likely than not to be a truly amazing cyberpunk game when it's finished.

Back
Top Bottom