Grim Dawn - Grim Misadventure #60

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
This weeks Grim Dawn Misadventures post from Crate Entertainment shares information on how faction rewards will work in the game. Here is a small sample.

Welcome, daring readers of Grim Misadventures. Last time, we left you off with the backstory for one of Act 3’s prominent factions, Kymon’s Chosen. These religious zealots bring the wrath of their god to the enemies of Cairn, and you may just play a part in their righteous crusade. But you may be asking yourself, “what’s in it for me?” Why, dear adventurer, the satisfaction of making a difference in the world and assisting a group of classy people in their efforts to save it, of course. Oh, and loot… lots of loot.

Yes, the major draw in assisting the world’s factions will be in the access to their specialized wares. Do you want to aid the Black Legion and even look the part? You most certainly can. Should you earn their respect, the Legion’s selection of armor will be at your disposal. Similarly, you will be able to unlock rewards from all seven of Grim Dawn’s player factions.

But perhaps the equipment offered by the factions does not fit into your particular playstyle, or perhaps you have an item that grants you a skill that you do not wish to part with. The faction system has something for everyone. In addition to equipment, you will earn access to consumables, components, faction-specific blueprints and… something new! Faction rewards will feature a special new item-type that will open up yet another layer of customization onto an already deep system: Augments.
More information.

I like the sound of this game. But it must be approaching the record for longest time in early access (if you consider before it appeared on Steam)...

I like the sound of this game. But it must be approaching the record for longest time in early access (if you consider before it appeared on Steam)…
Yea, they are taking their sweet time. It is only bad thing about the game.

The real reason is that they keep making the game bigger then originally planned.
When they started the KS, then envisioned the game size of current Act 1 and Act 2 or smaller (plus higher difficulties). But now they are adding a whole another Act that is bigger than current ones. And they added lots of other stuff like skill transmutes.

The real reason is that they keep making the game bigger then originally planned.
When they started the KS, then envisioned the game size of current Act 1 and Act 2 or smaller (plus higher difficulties). But now they are adding a whole another Act that is bigger than current ones. And they added lots of other stuff like skill transmutes.

Oh awesome! <3 I played it back in the summer and it was fun but it did need something more to get me hooked. Maybe they keep improving it because they are having fun making it still..?

Oh awesome! <3 I played it back in the summer and it was fun but it did need something more to get me hooked. Maybe they keep improving it because they are having fun making it still..?
Well they are doing it old school style as in finish the game and then release it. As we can see most everyone else releases the game and then finishes it through patches :D

Back
Top Bottom