The CRPG Book Project - Alpha Release!

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Felipe Pepe has released a 100 page alpha version of his CRPG Book. He also wants to remind everyone who has pledge to help with a review to please send them in.

untitled-3.jpg

I’ll keep this one short: The first public release of the book is out, a 100-page preview featuring 36 reviews, many articles, a working bookmark thingie and countless grammar errors and nonsense like calling the preview of a book an alpha build.

Grab it here: https://www.mediafire.com/?66nybfqbxfn3p2g

And please, share any feedback you might have. I got a thick skin, I can handle it. ;) Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a great 2015 for everyone!
More information.

Congratulations on releasing the first version Felipe Pepe.:party:
I can't wait to read the finished product as I have never played some of the games in your book. I have plenty of free time now so I will try to find a few of them.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the first half the most before it moved into JRPG's and action game territory. Not sure I agree with mount and blade getting a double page spread while Pool of radiance gets a single sentence. If the idea is to get a breath of the full spectrum of cRPG's I guess it is okay but M&B, Space rangers 2, and Puzzle Quest seem like questionable inclusions when some of the most influential games are missing.

@bjon045

Keep in mind that the preview is only 20-25% of the final book, many more games will be covered.

I really enjoy it that Felipe collects articles from all different kinds of CRPGs and also games with only a few RPG elements. Only this way you can see the whole big beautiful picture of the CRPG genre.

That is great if it is only 20-25%. Good stuff.

Yes, only 36 of the intended 300 reviews are in this preview.

I selected games like Yumina and Puzzle Quest to help show how diverse the book will be, not just talking about classics.

Man thanks for posting this. You jackasses wasted my whole morning. :) I could not stop reading the reviews and the section on the companies was amazing. Keep up the great work.

I read this and very much enjoyed it. :)

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom