Serpent in the Staglands - New Journals & Patch

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Whalenought Studios latest post-funding update for Serpent in the Staglands gives a look at the games journal, and goes into detail about the next Beta patch.

JOURNALS

Yesterday we got 2 beautiful hides from a tannery to make the journal covers from and they are fantastic.

We still have a bit of copy for the journal to write as we finish up content for the game, but it should be a wonderful guide and adventuring companion. The digital version will have some specific changes and omissions (medium aside), but will have similar content. We’re receiving the great paper we're printing on, threading, sealing wax and insignia needed for the seal soon as well, and will get some pictures up when we do! The end product will be an authentic leather journal suitable for some bronze age adventuring, with some blank note pages for yourself (for those puzzles that are more easily sketched out than written in the in-game journal).

PATCH

** Patching system seems to be having some issues, and we'll just send out another email this (hopefully) last time. Will be starting builds shortly for reindeer distribution. **

For those who have beta access, or maybe haven’t played since some of the earlier builds, we encourage you to download the newest patch and take a look. We’ve tackled the majority of the UI functionally, added lots of small polish items, and have finally implemented the prime NPC database, which completely rebalances the combat difficulty. This is what we’ve been using to test later game scenarios and individual enemies, and thought it would be a good time to introduce it into the beta and have you all test what the actual game difficulty was designed to be. I’d go into the details, but it would probably be best just played. If you were quick saving a lot before due to bugs, we’d advise you do so now instead for the amped up difficulty across the board, especially during the early areas you're testing. Wildlife, acolytes, and even chicken goblins can 1-hit-kill an unarmored character if the rng god wills it.
More information.

This game is now on top ten most wanted games of 2015, and I hope it doesn't get delayed. I have played the latest Beta version also and like what I played. :thumbsup:

This has been high on my list ever since I first learned about it. Can't wait to check it out!

Back
Top Bottom