Square Enix - A New Final Fantasy PC Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I found a short article on destructoid that has information Square Enix posting job hints for a Final Fantasy XV PC project. Seems the last two JRPG ports sold well.

I'm really excited for Final Fantasy XV.

The Kingdom Hearts influences, the beautiful engine, the idea of a bro-road trip with dinosaurs. I'm in. Square Enix might be planning a "XIII"-like mini-franchise too, as it turns out that they've posted a job listing for a "FFXV-related online game."

The requirements for the job apparently relate to PC games and "games with fees." Don't all foam at the mouth at once! But seriously, I hope that XV is a great standalone game, and everything else that comes along with it can be addressed separately.
The only drawback are the words online, and fees.

More information.

Anybody tell Square their "final" series are going on forever? Its time to put a lid on it and call it quits.

Why would they call it quits as long as it sells well? Doesn't make sense.

Why would they call it quits as long as it sells well? Doesn't make sense.
Always leave them wanting more? If they had left it at 10 instead of milking the franchise, it would have a far better name than it does now. People would have looked forward to the newest game in the series instead of fearing what else might go wrong.

Anybody tell Square their "final" series are going on forever? Its time to put a lid on it and call it quits.

While Final Fantasy is called a series, each games that doesn't have the same numbering doesn't have much to do with either others beside a few names and concepts.

Well, I have only played 1-9 and a little of 10 so I still love the series, I guess that might change now that I can play 13 on PC... I have mostly heard bad things against the newer entries.

Even though I loved some of the FFs, I'm not excited at all about this one. Starting in FF XII they started moving away from turn based combat, and for this last one they finally removed any shred of that and it's now a pure action game.

Nice to hear that Square Enix is developing for the PC. I played all of their games up until XII, but I really should get to the newer ones at some point.

Watched their character and battle demo: Jesus! Millions of dollars were put in this product. The character idle animation is high quality - character intro show probably the best in the whole video - lots of coders must have been suffering through intense headaches until they managed to elevate the game to this level. WOW! Not that I would play with this thing, would be good if Square did an XCOM or Wizardry 8 style game with this engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJrXCfVKXEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnDxg2afpCE

Also the character / bison monster models and hair setup + animation + wind simulation must have been insane amounts of work. Their material setup tech artists weren't so good though. Probably the PS4 is capable only to do these weird semi-real surfaces. Still this project is getting too big, I think. The creature anim system alone must have created lots of grey hairs on the head of their employees.

They clearly couldn't solve weak lighting for their engine on dark maps: all dark areas should be lit up with "faint movie-blue" like in Titanfall for example only indicating darkness, but players must see also what is going on in the darkness.

Once a veteran PS3 programmer (from a big house) came to us (little dev studio with couple of released games) - and told stunning insider info to the team. The shock was so strong - the given info about what you have to do if you wanna code for the PS3 - so dense our members were slowly withdrawing one by one from the meeting. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom