RPGWatch - Most Promising RPGs of 2015

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Grim Dawn was on the list but it didn't even get 2% of the votes. I'm actually not surprised based on the comments on various threads about the game.

Last edited:
Well, the editors are really in sync with the readers for this category :) I guess it is kind of a no-brainer though.

Games 1 and 2 changed places since last years vote
The world of crpg is really a fastpaced one

Again, no surprises, although it remains to be seen if Pillars of Eternity will be ranked as high at the end of the year. There's been a steady undercurrent of grumbling.

BTW: regarding "the mysterious women that hunts his dreams"; should that be "haunts"? Otherwise it seems a little weird.

More own personal (revised) list of most anticipated 2015 RPGs:

1. Shadowrun: Hong Kong - although if the Kickstarter continues to hit stretch goals I would expect that their estimated release date of August '15 will easily be pushed back to early to mid 2016

2. The Witcher 3

3. Serpents in the Staglands (yes, I'm actually more excited for this than PoE)

4. Age of Decadence (although given it's long development time IDK if this will actually be fully released in 2015)

5. Pillars of Eternity (my interest has kind of dwindled based on what I've heard about the Beta, but I hope it's good).

6 Liege

7. The Mandate

8. Dragon Fin Soup

9. Starcrawlers

10. Telepath Tactics

11. Darkest Dungeon

And of course I'm looking forward to Torment, but I don't think there's any way it will make a 2015 release. There's certainly a few more indie RPGs that will probably be released this year. Think we might actually end up getting more great CRPGS than in 2014, which is awesome.

This list is pretty close to the way I voted. I am most excited for Torment, but Witcher 3 and Pillars are pretty close. I am also looking forward to Cyberpunk, but It think there is almost no chance of that actually being released this year.

If the poll had been a little later, I would have voted Shadowrun: HK, but that hadn't been announced at the time the poll was posted.

The list pretty much echoes my votes, though the order is different. I am on the fence about The Witcher 3. I didn't enjoy the second one nearly as much as the first. It seemed a lot more action oriented with the required dodging and rolling in some battles.

If the poll had been a little later, I would have voted Shadowrun: HK, but that hadn't been announced at the time the poll was posted.

The list pretty much echoes my votes, though the order is different. I am on the fence about The Witcher 3. I didn't enjoy the second one nearly as much as the first. It seemed a lot more action oriented with the required dodging and rolling in some battles.

same as me, not interested at all about action RPGs where I have to dodge and roll, it's very unrealistic and unimmersive. In real combat, you try to roll while fighting someone in melee and you'll be a dead meatball.

Much as I like the Witchers there's no way in hell I'd look forward the already overpromising TW3 over a Torment sequel. I'm hoping the vote was affected by people not being aware it's not going to come before Q1 2016.

On overall I'm more looking forward to the games in that top4 than any game in like 4 years.

I'm hoping the vote was affected by people not being aware it's not going to come before Q1 2016.
All the data available right now says 2015. I even said 2016 is more probable, but until we get official conformation from Inxile l'm sticking with 2015 as the date.^^

As for me I'm looking forward to playing every game on list even the ones that didn't make the finals. It's hard to chose just three games as I will enjoy everyone of them.

It's interesting that DAI got 3rd for RPG of the year behind classic style RPGs, yet for forecast for 2015 is for the game most like DAI except even more arcadey and consoley to be the #1 over the more class styled games including the one (pillars) that should be the "most" classic of all of these old style games.

I dunno, I can never get into Witcher since it's more like batman arkam style button mash combat and just too much of console style for me. Maybe it's better once you get further in but after about 8 tries of playing it I'm always done not too long after the intro missions. The first button mash boxing thing seals it.

same as me, not interested at all about action RPGs where I have to dodge and roll, it's very unrealistic and unimmersive. In real combat, you try to roll while fighting someone in melee and you'll be a dead meatball.

Well I really did and have enjoyed the combat in the witcher games(both). I don't think of the combat in like other games as being a Witcher is a different concept then other main characters in games.

They are taken as children and given mutagens to become Witchers. But to each their own, though I will say this if you can get past the not liking the combat the story line in both are great.

I dunno, I can never get into Witcher since it's more like batman arkam style button mash combat and just too much of console style for me. Maybe it's better once you get further in but after about 8 tries of playing it I'm always done not too long after the intro missions. The first button mash boxing thing seals it.

Yes, I wasn't totally thrilled with the combat system, but I got used to it (eventually). The elements I really like about Witcher are the gritty medieval atmosphere and the nice environmental touches. (E.g. people running for cover when it rains, birds taking off when you approach, the generally grimy feel of the people and setting, &c.) Those really brought the game world to life for me, in a way the DA setting did not.

Looks as if my vote matches the results.

Regarding Witcher 3, I don't like the series because of the combat but because of the stories and the world. The combat was always sort of meh.

Back
Top Bottom