Shadowrun: Hong Kong - New Stretch Goal Made

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Another day and another stretch goal was made for Shadowrun: Hong Kong. The games developer Harebrained Schemes posted a new update with the information.

You folks are amazing! Thanks for the opportunity to add more cyber-stuff to the game. Our designers and artists have been talking all morning about the things they're planning to do with your generous funding support. Glee.

And what's next?

Is0bel's personal side mission! Is0bel's parents were immigrants (more like refugees) from the Ethiomalian Territories and, as happens to many families escaping a brutal regime, they flew out of the frying pan and into the fire. Is0bel grew up in (and escaped from) the slums of Kowloon and knows her way through some of the most wretched places in Hong Kong. Unfortunately, her family still languishes in the depths of the sprawl. Her personal mission takes her back there - with you along for the ride.
More information.

Side missions for everybody but Duncan? Anyway, I'm liking the look of the Gaichû character, so I'll enjoy seeing his side mission added.

I would say Duncan Wu might already have a side story mission. He seems to feature prominently in all the artwork.

They said in comments they have companion missions for two characters already part of the game similar to how Dietrich had it in Dragonfall.

So I have like 30 days to buy and play Dragonfall and see if its worth it backing this new game of theirs.

hmm.

I still think that stretch goals are kind of stupid, unfortunately, these thing are what drive KS forwards.

I still think that stretch goals are kind of stupid, unfortunately, these thing are what drive KS forwards.

I think what they really do is provide talking points for updates, so that the Kickstarter stays in the news. That, in turn, brings in additional backers. In a sense then, they aren't stupid at all.

So I have like 30 days to buy and play Dragonfall and see if its worth it backing this new game of theirs.
Pretty much what I was thinking. The original Shadowfall didn't get a lot of love from the fans but this really shows they made up for it with the expansion.
I think what they really do is provide talking points for updates, so that the Kickstarter stays in the news. That, in turn, brings in additional backers. In a sense then, they aren't stupid at all.
It doesn't make sense but it makes dollars and cents!

Dragonfall: Director's Cut was outstanding.... a true-blue Shadowrun game with all the cybernetic trimmings! Totally backing this and excited to travel to Hong Kong.

hmm.

Too many members of the Watch have yet to play Dragonfall-DC it seems. It's a huge fraggin' improvement over SRR. Have I not been singing this games praises enough? I'll have to try a more Shadowrun approach…

Play this game NOW and love it for the masterpiece it is… or I'll have Blitz steal all of your financial information and drain your bank accounts of everything but the $30 needed to buy a copy of the game and back SR: HK Kickstarter. If that doesn't work I'll have Dietrich send a fire elemental to draw you out of whatever rock you've been living under. Then Glory will use her hand razors to carve a reminder in your face while Eiger decides which one of your kneecaps to blast off.

Edit: Oh drek, I hope I don't get banned for threatening members with my fictional Shadowrunner crew.

Dragonfall: Director's Cut was outstanding…. a true-blue Shadowrun game with all the cybernetic trimmings! Totally backing this and excited to travel to Hong Kong.

Glad to see everyone's favorite Luck Dragon is backing this… Could use some luck. The KS is going well, but not as well as I'd like or as well as I think HBS deserves. I'm hoping they end up beating their first KS pledges, but that will require more of the skeptics and wait-and-see-ers to become backers.

Well they have my pledge. I only have to actually do it... Before the KS is over ;)

When I'm on the site My credit card is never to be found (and I'm too lazy to get it- I know) and PayPal isn't supported

For those on the fence for dragonfall….it is just great.

I went one one mission(a side one at that) that was better then a lot of missions and quests I have done on other games…morale decisions galore. I don't want to get into details so I don't spoil it but it was awesome.

Well they have my pledge. I only have to actually do it… Before the KS is over ;)

When I'm on the site My credit card is never to be found (and I'm too lazy to get it- I know) and PayPal isn't supported

Paypal isn't secured as you may think it is...I actually had someone get into my bank account through my paypal account and it took weeks to get the money back.

Paypal isn't secured as you may think it is…I actually had someone get into my bank account through my paypal account and it took weeks to get the money back.
Well nothing is safe anymore as hackers can get into anything nowadays. The only problem I had with Paypal was having my account frozen. I never forgave them.

It's a shame you have to use them on e-bay for almost every item you buy/sell. So back on topic the game has reached $536,710 with 29 days left to go.:)

Nice to see the doubters proven wrong.....again.

Back
Top Bottom