Raven's Cry - More Replies on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Forum member Joxer shared a link with more replies from Raidor [dph] on Steam. Oh and in-case anyone can't tell Joxer was the one who also asked the questions.
1. Will this game contain godlike endless respawning trashmobs that can't be killed permanently (Dragon Age: Bears) or we're looking into a game that is not grind2win (Gothic series)?

- there is no respawn. Everyone who is killed is dead for ever.

2. Why is it more expensive that the The Witcher 3 (also openworld, also mature theme, ETA on release May this year)?

- no idea. How should I answer this. I do not know anything about the pricing policy of CDP, but I think a good game which is complete (I mean not cut in parts and you need 10 DLCs to have the full game) is worth 50-60 USD / Euro.

3. Does it work with 32-bit systems (apparently system requirements on the web site and Steam don't mention that)?

- Raven's Cry supports 32 and 64 bit versions of WIndows 7, 8, 8.1

4. Any influence from SeaDogs and it's sequels? Not the horrible ground combat, but shipsailing and shipbattle superb mechanics with captain/crew ship skills?

- we played a lot of games and more or less all games we played have some influence. RC has sea battles, your ship has a crew, you can hire officers, there is cargo and amunition, the crew has moral values,you can change the flag, you can sink or enter other ships, repair, upgrade and equip your own.

5. Apart from unique videospots we saw, what about the general music in the game? Orchestrated or also more piratethemed singing crazy scores?

- the general Soundtrack of RC is - let's say - modern orchestral with some ethnic parts. Kind of cinematic score.

- at some locations you have musicians, bands or persons who sing, play instruments or perform songs. This can be in a tavern or brothel or also at the harbour, beach or on the street. Some of these are wellknown shanties and have a RC adapted text.
More information.

Last edited:
I love this, I read the first question and instantly realized that Joxer did much more than just provide the link :biggrin:

Bravo Joxer!

Last edited:
Just to say, while I did pass them, questions #2 and #3 are SpoonFULL's. ;)

The other three are mine.

Top played game means I'm currently playing it.
Yup it's garbage. To what scale I still didn't determine. Wait till I finish it so I can write down stuff I found bad or very bad made (will be below 5/10 for sure, won't be 0-1/10 because it does have it's positives).

Why am I still playing a game I describe as a garbage? Because I usually finish all games I start. I'm like that. Rare games I never finished as were not fun anywhere at all, instead were annoying I just had to get them off my back and couldn't return to them ever (example: NWN).

In short, I'm not some common journalist reviewer who judges a game based on it's first hour, on it's first quest or on it's first area and then goes on Escapist to slap 10/10 on some Dragon Age:Bears WASD emulate gamepad game.

Ok it is garbage (maybe) but is it fun garbage ?

Top played game means I'm currently playing it.
Yup it's garbage. To what scale I still didn't determine. Wait till I finish it so I can write down stuff I found bad or very bad made (will be below 5/10 for sure, won't be 0-1/10 because it does have it's positives).

Why am I still playing a game I describe as a garbage? Because I usually finish all games I start. I'm like that. Rare games I never finished as were not fun anywhere at all, instead were annoying I just had to get them off my back and couldn't return to them ever (example: NWN).

In short, I'm not some common journalist reviewer who judges a game based on it's first hour, on it's first quest or on it's first area and then goes on Escapist to slap 10/10 on some Dragon Age:Bears WASD emulate gamepad game.

I too have been getting a good vibe about this game. Kind of like Dishonored. Not that I am aware of any similar game mechanics or story. I just have a feeling that RC will be just as good.

I just discovered this game today and got a great vibe from it. I think this one is going to be a real gem.

Raven's Cry is now installed on my computer. I will be making some Let's Play videos as well as posting a preview article shortly. Stay tuned. :)

I look forward to watching and reading your preview Fluent.:party:
Now one thing that is is bothering me is the game will probably miss its release date once again just from reading the developers replies on various Steam posts.
didn't I play this game already (Risen 2)?
No as their two different games that portray pirates in different settings.

Does anyone know why the ability to purchase the game was pulled off Steam? This does concern me as I was thinking of purchasing the game.

Does anyone know why the ability to purchase the game was pulled off Steam? This does concern me as I was thinking of purchasing the game.
From what I remember the game was delayed, and the publisher got complaints about it from gamers who pre- ordered. They then decided to not allow more pre-orders.

I don't know why they haven't changed their mind yet.

The plus side was I received a bunch of free games from the Publisher.:)

I've been following this game for a long while and I don't have an overwhelmingly positive feeling about it. I enjoyed Two Worlds I & II, so I was a bit happy when the development switched to Reality Pump, but at the same time, seeing it switch developers like that makes me a bit nervous. Seeing some of the assets from Two Worlds II in the trailers doesn't excite me either, but I can easily live with that. All that said, it's the only game that has had me switching out of lurk mode here lately, so I'm clearly still interested. I look forward to playing.

didn't I play this game already (Risen 2)?

Well, Risen 2 was a typical fantasy RPG wearing a pirate costume. Raven's Cry looks like an honest-to-goodness "pirate RPG" with actual pirate-related gameplay. As in controlling a ship, pillaging other ships, ship to ship combat, managing a crew of salty sea dogs, etc.

I have deep concerns for the quality of this game, given the last-minute delay and complete lack of gameplay footage. But if they can pull it off even remotely, I will be so happy. I have longed for a true pirate RPG for ages, and only Pirates of the Caribbean (aka, Sea Dogs) has attempted this. That series was a clunky mess, so I hope Raven's Cry can get it right.

Last edited:
Well, Risen 2 was a typical fantasy RPG wearing a pirate costume. Raven's Cry looks like an honest-to-goodness "pirate RPG" with actual pirate-related gameplay. As in controlling a ship, pillaging other ships, ship to ship combat, managing a crew of salty sea dogs, etc.
Oh, I see now. I saw a bit of the videos and the screenshots and reminded me too much of Risen 2.

While the answers to the questions sound encouraging, I'm still hesitating and will wait for reviews of people who played the game.* One trailer of cutscenes and two of karaoke sessions doesn't tell me enough about a game that is supposed to be about playing a pirate.

*This sounds worse than it is, as I do this with most games anyway and very rarely buy anything on release.

My preview will be up soon, so maybe that will help you guys. It's definitely a fun little game.

Back
Top Bottom