Shroud of the Avatar - Release 13 Postmortem

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Its time again for another postmortem video from Portalarium games. This time they talk about the recently released build thirteen of Shroud of the Avatar.

Richard, Starr, and Chris will be chatting about Release 13, recounting their favorite moments while also looking ahead to Release 14. And as usual, I’ll be taking your questions and feedback about R13 live in the chat-room and also in advance in the comments section!
More information.

Last edited:
We keep getting news items on this but I keep forgetting about the game. Did anyone vote for this to be Most Anticipated? Was it even on the list!?

We keep getting news items on this but I keep forgetting about the game. Did anyone vote for this to be Most Anticipated? Was it even on the list!?

LOL, we sure do get a lot of post from them. They have to keep backers sending in more money so they can sit around and talk about how great they were back in the 80's.

Vote??? Most anticipated for what year? 2100?

LOL, we sure do get a lot of post from them. They have to keep backers sending in more money so they can sit around and talk about how great they were back in the 80's.

Vote??? Most anticipated for what year? 2100?
I don't think that is really fair. Honestly, I don't think you really have a clue with what you are talking about.

I don't think that is really fair. Honestly, I don't think you really have a clue with what you are talking about.

Rune_74 you may be right I might not have a clue and it might not be fair. I am only going on how I feel about the whole process of them making this game. The fund raising, selling house etc.

Trust me the Ultima games were a huge impact on me as a young teen. I have the 8 virtues tattooed in Japanese charters on my legs. So I would love nothing more to see Richard bring us a great game. I just don't think it is going to happen, nor do I think what they the game is going to be finished any time soon.

Just lots of video's of them patting each other on the back and lots of things I can buy for a game that I have no clue when it will ever be done.

So you may be right but that is still not changing how I feel about this game right now. I hope they prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Well want to know what it looks like? It's already playable...matter of fact it's up right now.

Well want to know what it looks like? It's already playable…matter of fact it's up right now.

So is there a single player RPG in there somewhere? I am so swamped for time I don't play betas.

Not really much in that regard yet, and that would be a very valid criticism at this point...I keep reminding them that that is one of the features they need to work on. Apparently a lot of it is tied to the story and won't be out or much in until we get closer to launch.

Apparently a lot of it is tied to the story and won't be out or much in until we get closer to launch.

When is finished game launch going to be? Complete with the single player part of the game.

I have asked....last they announced was march, but it is obvious they have slipped from that time...at the moment I would guess dec for beta....lots of work to do still.

I bought this for the Early Access - and while I see potential there, it really feels like something that's in a very experimental stage - and which has no chance of feeling like a polished experience unless they do something serious about the presentation for at least a year. It's ugly, clunky and yet charming in a very old-school way.

It sort of feels like Dungeon Lords in terms of aesthetics - and to me, that's potentially a good thing. But I doubt it will be to a large audience :)

Back
Top Bottom