Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Another Goal Reached

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Harebrained Schemes announces in a new kickstarter update that a new funding goal has been meet, and Is0bel's personal side mission will now be included in the game.

Another Funding Goal Reached! Who rules?

What a tremendous few days, everybody. We can't tell you how energizing it is to see your outpouring of support for a project we're so passionate about.

And thanks to you, Is0bel's personal side mission will be included in the game. We really like how her character is shaping up and we can't wait to bring her to you.

Next up: Expanded magic!

With all this talk of cybertech and the Matrix, we wanted to be sure to add stuff that would benefit all the magic-users out there. For shamans, we have Shrine Spirits. These aren't your average elemental spirits who occasionally break from your control and go nuts on your party. These are great-form spirits - powerhouses who come when summoned, kick the butts point to, and then head home to pop a cold one. They won't break control, but they won't stick around long.

Phys ads (magical ninjas) and mages will gain access to Foci (that's plural for a focus item) - enchanted weapons and objects that allow adepts to deliver devastating magical attacks and boost a mage's power.
More information.

Shamans will gain the ability to summon Shrine Spirits at specific locations in the Hong Kong environment. These great-form spirits are far more powerful than their mundane counterparts, can’t break away from your control, but are limited in duration.

So... if you summon one of these then clearly they wouldn't be able to travel far since the duration is so short. Presumably then you'd hope the locations would show up during the missions, and near places where they would actually be useful? I guess I'd have to wonder whether they would be worth the investment for the character?

Foci seem much more useful.

The enhanced magic goal was just met this morning...

The campaign is going pretty well, but not as well as I feel it deserves to. There's a little over 14,000 backers so far, which means a lot of the backers of the first Shadowrun Returns campaign have yet to return. That makes me sad...

I understand people may not want to pledge as much as they did the first time, but dude, the digital copy of the game tier is only $15 and you get a digital copy of the Soundtrack for all three of their SR games as well. I have seen a lot of comments on forums of "Oh I'll just pick up when it releases.. .They'll probably sell it for $15, since that's what DF-DC sold for"...

I actually asked HBS a couple days ago what they are planning on selling the game for at launch and their response was basically: "Not sure yet".. it really depends how long the game ends up being, which depends on how well the Kickstarter does. So it is at least possible that they will end up launching the game at $20 or more, if the feel the amount of content justifies it.

If you liked SRR / Dragonfall, I would think working towards the next stretch goal would be incentive enough to back it now, rather than buy it when it comes out. It definitely isn't going to launch for less than $15.

The campaign is going pretty well, but not as well as I feel it deserves to. There's a little over 14,000 backers so far, which means a lot of the backers of the first Shadowrun Returns campaign have yet to return. That makes me sad…

Oh come on, it's only been up for a few days. I wouldn't start shedding any tears just yet.

Back
Top Bottom