Lords of Xulima - Video Review @ Matt Chat

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I'm playing this game at the moment, it's really good, highly recommended. :)

Daniel.

Huh? Stunning Song mandatory? I don't think so.

The one mandatory character is the mage IMO - you're just making life tough on yourself by not having one, early on when it counts.

Bit long winded, though I have to say he really loves rats. ;)

Bit long winded, though I have to say he really loves rats. ;)
His reviews are a cross between Let's Play and a review.

He went on a rat rant!

Weird, he's reviewing a game that's only a few months old :p

Good game... but a bit longwinded. Taking a break from it at the moment.

Good game… but a bit longwinded. Taking a break from it at the moment.

Just curious.. if you to had choose between LoX and M&M X, which would you play first? I'm asking because I'm trying to decide between those 2 games, and I know you recently finished M&M X.

While I like both, I actually think MMX is better, but as always, it's still a matter of personal taste!!

Weird, he's reviewing a game that's only a few months old :p

Good game… but a bit longwinded. Taking a break from it at the moment.

I agree. I'm 150 hours in and still have the Titan quests to do. (about 30 hours more?). I think this game tops Icewind Dale as the RPG combat simulator.

And I like Matt's vid. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAtttttts.

I'm 150 hours in and still have the Titan quests to do.

You know I've always considered myself a somewhat slow player, but maybe I'm not because that's way more hours than I put in. Did you have a few restarts or is that one game?

That said, the Titan quests don't take all that long. But if it took you 150 to get to the Titans, 30 more for you could be right :biggrin:

No restarts at all - just one game. And I started with the default party because I was not impressed with character set up. Too much game lore was needed to know character set up so I went with the default with my thief a front line character. And that turned out to be a great choice because as Matt pointed out, the explorer character has way too much stuff to do in this game.

I always take way more time than most players. I guess because I get anal retentive about exploring a whole map. My gaming motto is "Let no fog of war be unturned." Also If I see a dense forest/thicket/swamp with some openings, it's my guess that there has to be a way to get in there. And in this game the more you walk around the more you battle. And like a dummy I tend to read most of the stuff in the game. I guess I can sum it up by saying I just play the hell out of my games.

Think I'll get back to it now . . .

oh, one thing since I like to explore I tend to always wind up in areas I'm not supposed to be in, hence dead party restarts :blush:

Just curious.. if you to had choose between LoX and M&M X, which would you play first? I'm asking because I'm trying to decide between those 2 games, and I know you recently finished M&M X.

They're both excellent games; you're going to want to play both. But if I had to choose between the two, I'd say Xulima is a slightly better game, but that's just my opinion.

Huh? Stunning Song mandatory? I don't think so.
Definitely not mandatory. I have a bard, but I don't use that song. I prefer the song of sleep and the song of fear, plus the initial song to add accuracy.

Does the enemy wake up if they get hit when they're in Sleep? In Stun mode a lot of times the baddies will stay stunned for a couple more hits by my pals. :plotting:

I wouldn't say I "recently" finished MMX - played it at launch back in January '14 :) I enjoyed M&M X much more. The ambushes in Lords of Xulima can get downright monotonous when all you want to do is explore the map. Magic is also more fun in M&M; while useful at the start of the game, direct damage spells quickly lose their effectiveness in LoX and you have to fall back to wounding, stunning, and slashing your enemies one by one.

LoX is still fun however.

[Song of Stunning] Definitely not mandatory. I have a bard, but I don't use that song. I prefer the song of sleep and the song of fear, plus the initial song to add accuracy.

The problem with Song of Fear, however, is that you miss out on the experience/items from any feared mobs.

Does the enemy wake up if they get hit when they're in Sleep? In Stun mode a lot of times the baddies will stay stunned for a couple more hits by my pals. :plotting:
it's a tradeoff. Stunning is short duration but fixed length, so you can hit them and they stay stunned. Sleep is long term, I can cast sleep at the beginning of a fight and they would remain asleep until after I finished the other mobs at my leisure, but yes if you hit them (or if they have a DoT) they wake up.

The problem with Song of Fear, however, is that you miss out on the experience/items from any feared mobs.
I use it when enemies are more trouble than they are worth.

Xulima is much superior.

I like Matt but his humor is starting to get much too corny. I'll cringe if I hear one more rat in-joke.

Back
Top Bottom