Shadowrun: Hong Kong - $1M Stretch Goal

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
As usual Harebrained Schemes released another update for Shadowrun: Hong Kong this week. We get information on what happens after the last stretch goal is meet.

We have our plans set for the story we want to tell in Shadowrun: Hong Kong, but if we’re lucky enough to reach the enormous sum of $1,000,000, we’re gonna create an additional 4-5 hour Shadows of Hong Kong Mini-Campaign that takes place after the SR:HK story ends. Not only that, the Shadows of Hong Kong Mini-Campaign will allow you to IMPORT your high-karma Hong Kong character for a challenge only a prime runner could accept.

The Shadows of Hong Kong Mini-Campaign will come out sometime before the end of 2015 and will be free to Backers at the $15 pledge level and up. And you’ll receive as many copies of the Mini-Campaign as you are eligible for at your reward level. For example, if you get 3 copies of Shadowrun: Hong Kong at the $150 level, you’ll also get 3 copies of the Mini-Campaign.

Make sense? Good!

But no matter what funding level we reach, it's BONUS TIME!

Everyone who backs the project at the $35 Reward Level and above will get access to an AUDIO COMMENTARY TRACK from the Shadowrun Development Team. Hear the writers, designers, artists, engineers, and composer discuss how the game was made, the challenges they faced, and the fun they had while making the game. The audio commentary will arrive in an update after the game is released.

AND everyone who backs at the $35 Reward Level and above will also get TWO HIGH-RES DIGITAL POSTERS that, when placed together, combine into a beautiful Shadowrun Panorama. The first poster contains a Timeline of Shadowrun History. The second contains a Glossary of Shadowrun Slang. Tell your friends!
More information.

I was a tad sad at them not simply using the money to extend the game, but I guess at the same time I understand that that would mean an extension of the date of release as well. I guess I just like larger, more expanded main quests.

True, but at least you can continue with your character, that can be fun to.

Daniel.

I was a tad sad at them not simply using the money to extend the game, but I guess at the same time I understand that that would mean an extension of the date of release as well. I guess I just like larger, more expanded main quests.

Yeah, I actually think it's a damn smart move to promise an expansion instead of more content for the core game, then they will at least have a decent chance of hitting their target release date.

Agreed. I'd rather see an increase in scope and depth of the main campaign then an unrelated small mini-campaign. Besides, I wouldn't mind the delay in release date.

It would be cool if a stretch goal was made for a mission or two that branches a main story a bit. Similar to how DF: DC does it with APEX choice but now you also get new maps and not only few changes.

Yeah, I actually think it's a damn smart move to promise an expansion instead of more content for the core game, then they will at least have a decent chance of hitting their target release date.

In addition it has the advantage for them to get in the spotlight twice for just one release. Basically what all the games are doing which are released episodically.

It would be cool if a stretch goal was made for a mission or two that branches a main story a bit. Similar to how DF: DC does it with APEX choice but now you also get new maps and not only few changes.

I think they're already hoping to do this sort of thing as much as possible. From all the comments Mitch has made in the KS, it is apparent that they really want to continue to develop the choice & consequence aspect of the game. It is obviously not likely to be as divergent as say the 2nd Chapter of Witcher 2 (which is almost completely different depending on which path you take)… but hopefully something with a bit more impact than just a slightly different ending.

I'm guessing any future stretch goals will likely be to further expand the expansion. Although I'd still love to see a full fledged stealth system added, I'm guessing that would take too much time and is better left for a later game (which is also what they said about the often requested Astral Space segment).

Last edited:
Hopefully this mini-campaign expansion will be "a story that matters" and not just a linear series of encounters.

Back
Top Bottom