Shadowrun: Hong Kong - New Reward Level

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Shadowrun: Hong Kong campaign has a new update from Harebrained Schemes about a new reward level, and give another sneak peek at the games development.

Remember how we always say that we're listening and taking your comments to heart? Well, here's an example for all the folks who don't play tabletop RPGs but want a way to support the project in a bigger way. It's a special reward level just for you! We call it "THE OPERATIVE" and it's a $65 STAND-ALONE REWARD LEVEL that doesn't combine with any of the other rewards. Check it out on the Main Page and then tell all your pixel-lovin'-no-dice-for-me friends about it.

And speaking of listening, great news on the Official (and stylish) Shadowrun synth-leather Messenger Bag. Because so many of you supported the project at THE COURIER Level and above, we were able to work with the manufacturer to increase the size of the bag! The new dimensions are 17" x "11 x 4". Big thanks to our Producer, Chris Klimecky for his mad negotiation skills.

For today's peek behind the curtain, one of the Passionate New Guys(tm) shares his approach to making your game.
More information.

Seems funding has slowed, but that was expected as it happens with every kickstarter I backed. The project should reach at least $1M in the next eleven days left.

If it does all backers get the Mini-Campaign after the game is released.

Seems funding has slowed, but that was expected as it happens with every kickstarter I backed. The project should reach at least $1M in the next eleven days left.

If it does all backers get the Mini-Campaign after the game is released.

Mitch from HBS also stated in the comments today that they are planning to sell SR: HK for $20 at launch.... So if anyone has been on the fence about backing (i.e., wondering what the incentive is to back at $15 vs. purchasing it when it comes out)... well, you're going to save at least $5. And if the $1 million mini expansion stretch goal is unlocked, which seems likely, backers get that for free as well. I don't see them charging more than $5 for the mini campaign (unless it grows beyond the estimated 4-5 hrs. play through).. but still, you're potentially saving $10 by backing now for $25.

As for me I'm on talismonger tier and pretty happy with what I'll be getting. More than anything, I just want to support the game and make it bigger and better.

They need ~$15k per day in average for the remaining 11 days. It's going to be close, hope they get a push at the end of the campaign like campaigns normally do.

They need ~$15k per day in average for the remaining 11 days. It's going to be close, hope they get a push at the end of the campaign like campaigns normally do.
I'm sure many backers will come in on the last 48 hours. Many people click that button to remind them when the campaign is getting to an end, and back during that period.

Hopefully they will get that 1M. Of all Kickstarter games I backed, and that were already released, the Shadowrun games by HBS, Divinity: Original Sin, and FTL, were the ones that surpassed even my best expectations, so this is one campaign I have no doubts over the quality of the final product.

Still want to back, but I'm waiting for a PayPal option. If there isn't one, then I guess I'm out $5. Whoopee.

I would feel a lot more comfortable about supporting through Kickstarter if they would publish who is managing the credit card info and the payment interface. Until then, I'm maintaining my current minimal attack surface.

Last edited:
Still want to back, but I'm waiting for a PayPal option. If there isn't one, then I guess I'm out $5. Whoopee.

I would feel a lot more comfortable about supporting through Kickstarter if they would publish who is managing the credit card info and the payment interface. Until then, I'm maintaining my current minimal attack surface.

A company named "Stripe" is now handling the credit card info for KS.

HBS not planning on opening up paypal because apparently it is a lot of work managing thousands of backers through Paypal… However, if you really want to back through Paypal you could contribute to RPGCodex's SR:HK fundraiser. No matter what you may think of some of the Codex's members, the admins are trustworthy enough and they have done this sort of thing before, so there's no reason to doubt that you'll get your copy.

Mitch from HBS also stated in the comments today that they are planning to sell SR: HK for $20 at launch…. So if anyone has been on the fence about backing (i.e., wondering what the incentive is to back at $15 vs. purchasing it when it comes out)… well, you're going to save at least $5. And if the $1 million mini expansion stretch goal is unlocked, which seems likely, backers get that for free as well.

What can I say? You convinced me. $15 trigger pulled. Maybe that I'm currently playing through the director's cut of Dragonfall for the first time has something to do with it as well.

Back
Top Bottom