Raven's Cry - Two More Reviews

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well here are two more reviewS for Raven's Cry that I found this week.

Eurogamer - No Score but they say avoid the game.

I wanted Raven's Cry to be good. I really did. I'm somewhat enamoured with the modern, idealized pirate. The freedom-loving anarchists that spout cool one-liners with a soft sentimentality to them. While the archetype is neither novel nor realistic, I had hoped however foolishly that Raven's Cry would indulge me my childhood fantasy.

Instead, there's disaster and disappointment at nearly every turn. With a team that wanted to put the effort in, that had the time or the money to build on this, we might have had an interesting game. Every time I was able to sail to a new island or port, I found myself excited. I wanted to probe around and see what wonders the locale held, but every single time my curiosity was met with tedium and mediocrity. I want to think that my eagerness to explore was a sign that there's something interesting about this setting and this world, but now I think I may have been projecting my own hopes onto a broken, buggy lump.
TechRaptor - 3/10

A dark spin on the pirate fantasy may be tantalizing enough to convince you to give Raven’s Cry a shot, but do yourself a favor and wait until the games has been thoroughly patched up. After that, I can honestly say that there will be some worthwhile fun to be had with this one. For now, Raven’s Cry has left a very bitter taste in many people’s mouths. One can only hope that the studio will learn their lesson and start treating their customers with respect.
More information.

Last edited:
A correction, it's 3/10 not /5 on TR.

Both reviews just as those previously printed repeat the same thing.
That the game crashes like crazy.

Now either review copies contained some CTD bug or there is some software reviewers use that causes crashes on their side. It's simply too suspicious. I'm not the only person who finished the game without any crash at all.

Eh?
Sadly I experienced 500+ bugs in Skyrim which made the release version completely unplayable for me. Even with the so called "final patch", the game remained buggy as hell but somehow I managed to finish it (better to say managed to finish all possible qustchains).

The list of bugs in Raven's Cry (a playthrough with the patch 1.01) I've submitted to developers - such list for Skyrim would be impossible to make as I would probably need a whole year to number everything. But if you check it, you'll spot a link to youtube I used to describe one of Raven's Cry bugs - it's video of Skyrim dancing spiders that was never patched - Raven's Cry contains dancing horses bug that's the same as Skyrim's dancing spiders.

In any case I was talking about crashes. Not other bugs. Things like crash in mountain pass in release Skyrim version (the one that had a workaround to force the game into window mode, IIRC later was patched). Crashes is something I didn't have in Raven's Cry. Every single reviewer mentions unbearable amount of those. Because of that, I wish they wrote also their hardware details.

Eh?
Sadly I experienced 500+ bugs in Skyrim

Was that through 1 or both play throughs since you beat it twice. ( glutton for punishment I guess);)

Also do you have software that tracks the bugs or do you hand tally 500+ bugs.:D

I didn't beat Skyrim twice. I did start the game twice. First time it ended fast with - uninstall. Second time I did all nonrespawning quests. There won't be the third time.

I don't use any software for bugtracking. Buglists exist in form of threads on Bethesda's Skyrim forum. I was not involved in them, I'm not registered on Bethesda's forums (maybe I am, but honestly I don't remember posting anything there in the past although it's possible I was there during good old times of Morrowind).

Now either review copies contained some CTD bug or there is some software reviewers use that causes crashes on their side. It's simply too suspicious. I'm not the only person who finished the game without any crash at all.

Sadly I experienced 500+ bugs in Skyrim which made the release version completely unplayable for me.

You did? Sounds suspicious to me.

You can always come with release version at my place and test it. I don't know how to show it otherwise. In fact, at my sister in law's place - I gave that machine to her as I bought a new one. Just to say that machine runs DA:I normally with only DX crashes, so it's not some decades old toaster.

Also don't know how to show that RC doesn't crash on my side, I can't make 40hours playthrough video and then upload it on youtube.

I didn't beat Skyrim twice. I did start the game twice. First time it ended fast with - uninstall. Second time I did all nonrespawning quests. There won't be the third time.

I don't use any software for bugtracking. Buglists exist in form of threads on Bethesda's Skyrim forum. I was not involved in them, I'm not registered on Bethesda's forums (maybe I am, but honestly I don't remember posting anything there in the past although it's possible I was there during good old times of Morrowind).

Thanks for the reply joxer, I wasn't serious though just having a little fun.:)

Was that through 1 or both play throughs since you beat it twice. ( glutton for punishment I guess);)

Also do you have software that tracks the bugs or do you hand tally 500+ bugs.:D

Hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom