Raven's Cry - Patch 1.03 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Reality Pump has released patch version 1.03 on Steam for Raven's Cry this week. Here is the full lengthy changlog, and it proves the developer is trying to fix the game.

CHANGE LOG:

GAME STABILITY:
- Fixed various crashes.
- Several levels and physics changes.

MISCELLANEOUS:
- problems with lipsync corrected
- Raven position in cutscenes fixed
- Pete cutscene fixed
- Finishing moves added to fighting system
- added guards to some cities e.g. San Juan
- improved behaviour of guards
- NPCs now should properly react to pushing them (push back, guarding stand, attack depends of behavior of CR)
- Added tips for pause option when sailing and possibility to add player's marker on the map.
- Improved fight mechanic.
- Added cannibal chieftains models
- Fixed cameras in dialogs with merchants and shipwrights
- Fixed treasure chest on Isla Dauphine
- Fixed 'escaping ships with no crew' issue

BALANCING:
- Improved shooters' AI (they can fight also in close distance).
- Hero's health points slightly increased.
- Decreased price of throwing knives and pistol ammo.
More information.

Missing English VOs still not in…

Glad they're working on it though. It hasn't just been release and run.

20 more patches til its playable :lol:

Ha, well said! I'm a sucker for these types of games, so I do imagine I'll get it at $5 a year from now...after many patches.

Why do only the crazy studios make epic pirate RPGs? Akella with Sea Dogs...now Reality Pump with this. We still have to settle for AC Black Flag as the best pirate game of modern times, so long as you ignore the AC nonsense and lack of proper trading/economies.

They should stop working on this game and concentrate fully on Sacrilegium.

I visited the web site you linked above. Their most recent news is from Aug-2012.
Did the game's development stall ?

Why do only the crazy studios make epic pirate RPGs? Akella with Sea Dogs…now Reality Pump with this. We still have to settle for AC Black Flag as the best pirate game of modern times, so long as you ignore the AC nonsense and lack of proper trading/economies.

There's also Caribbean! That's their exclamation point, not mine, although I think it shows a lot of promise. Folks say it needs to cook longer, so I'm waiting a bit before I wade in.

They stopped work on their other project when they worked on Raven.

I wonder if the failure of this game will affect the chances for a future Two Worlds III (Sacriligium is probably long abandoned and it wasn't an rpg anyway).

Said what I needed to say about RC in previous threads so won't repeat it.

But about Sacrilegium - it's development is on hold as the whole development team is into RC (not just PC version patching but also consoleporting).

Well, a man can dream :p

He seems physically incapable of not discussing these two topics. Article on a Kickstarter? SKYRIM BUGS! Patchlog for some random game? GRINDING GRINDY GRINDERS etc

It's sort of endearing, really :)

The thing about joxer is that he's obviously a good guy - he's just a little, should we say, one-sided in his approach to reality.

I've been playing this game since the day it was released. On and off. Mostly off at first because it was pretty unbearably buggy. After this last patch, I started a new game and I've got about 20 hours in now.

It's much better, but it still has some issues. Here's what still needs fixed:

While the game is better optimized than it was (and this is/was the biggest issue with the game) it's still not well optimized. I get about 40fps average on max settings. That's much better than the 25 I was getting when it was first released, but it's still annoying at times. It's sketchy, in a couple of areas it will get laggy and in others, it's fine. Also, the game does not yet support SLI, so that's a real negative for those of us who have SLI.

There is still some missing dialogue, but not nearly as much as before.

Some of the quests are still a little buggy, but I've been able to get past that for the main quest, couldn't complete one side quest however, but not a game killer.

The combat is improved quite a bit with the 2nd patch also.

Overall, I love this game. The atmosphere and the sound track are outstanding and the story line is fair to good. The ship battles are a lot of fun also, but it takes some getting used to.

If anyone asks me if I would recommend the game at this point. Yes and no. Yes if you are willing to be patient until Reality Pump fix the rest of the bugs (I'm confident they will given time) and don't mind paying $50 for a buggy game. Otherwise, you should wait until the price is down and all the bugs are fixed. But overall, it is a very good RPG.

Don't listen to the negative reviews, as the game is much improved now. I would give it 7 of 10 at this point.

Another quote from developer, because some people asked about the cost of upcoming additional content on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/281130/discussions/0/620703493333145653/#c617329505863512223
Raidor [dph] [developer]
Everyone who purchased the game before the release of an extended version will receive the updates without additional costs.

Hyperion, sadly voiceovers were contracted and they didn't receive all of them to this day. SLI support and that are developers' priority (from last patch changelog):
Known Priority Issues (to be fixed in further Patches)
- still 110 English VOs missing (1.04)
- SLI/crossfire settings and other optimizations need to be fixed in upcoming graphics drivers

Raidor said:
Everyone who purchased the game before the release of an extended version will receive the updates without additional costs.

Great!
Seems like they're doing everythig as I've ordered them to do. ;)

Somebody made a benchmark with game patched to 1.03:
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Ravens-Cry-PC-237022/Specials/Test-Benchmarks-Patch-3-1152456/

The whole thing is in german so I can't understand anything. I also can't confirm any of it because:
1. I use win7, not win 8
2. I don't have i7 but i5
3. My card (GTX 760) is nowhere on the list
4. I didn't play the game patched on 1.03 after I finished it twice (once release version, second time with patch 1.01)
5. I don't know what gfx options were used on these tests, but I instantly disabled motion blur and definetly didn't use 4x AA but 2x.

So take these test results as couch would say "with a grain of salt".

Don't want to translate all of it, so here's just the translated hint at the very end:
Our hint for Risen/Gothic/pirate fans still is: Keep an eye on Raven's Cry. As soon as further patches are released, only little is to be said against against this game. Impatient natures who can make use of this theme to some extent should wait for the first steam sale, where less than the currently demanded 55€ will be due for sure. Otherwise there little choice for friends of this theme, soonest they'll get happy with the previously mentioned titles Risen2/3 and AC: Black Flag.

Back
Top Bottom