Serpent in the Staglands - Preview @ PCGamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
PCGamer published a short article this week for Serpent in the Staglands. Don't forget to read the last kickstarter update for more infomation, and the latest gameplay trailer.

One of the bullet pointy inter-titles in the above, new trailer promises that you can "fill your satchel with interactive items", which is how you know we're in old-fashioned PC RPG territory. Serpent in the Staglands is a retro-flavoured, party-based RPG that raised some money on the Kickstarters last year. Rather than merely paying lip service to the classics, it really bloody looks the part, with scrumptious pixel art and interface elements that would look right at home in some obscure German RPG on GOG. (Specifically, Darklands, from which devs Whalenought Games appear to have taken a healthy dose of inspiration.)
More information.

I am starting to get pretty excited for this game. Different people have been hyping it up for a while and I tried to avoid getting hyped but now that it is getting close to release, it seems this game will be right up my alley.

This year I hope to spend quality time with two games with "worse" graphics - this and Underrail.

I'm also excited about both of those titles. You think Underrail will be finished this year? Underrail, Kenji, and Age of Decadence, I've owned them forever and will be really surprised if they actually get finished.

Back
Top Bottom