Dungeons Of Aledorn - Kickstarter Launched

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Team 21 has launched their kickstarter for Dungeons Of Aledorn. The developer is asking for $60,000 to help fund development of the game. Here are the details.

Dungeons of Aledorn (DoA) is an RPG game that brings back several time-tested principles of the classics into a single fantasy release. DoA is being created by and for hardcore gamers who appreciate games with a high challenge level.

As we were deciding what kind of game DoA should be, we searched for inspiration in the classics of this nowadays rare game genre. Therefore, we turned to the best of the best while designing DoA - Betrayal at Krondor, Realms of Arcania: Shadows over Riva, Might & Magic, King's Bounty and the Fallout series. In addition, our game bears many features similar to the popular pen & paper RPGs based on the D&D, Gurps and DrD (Czech equivalent of D&D) rules.

DoA players can expect a balanced combination of puzzles, branched dialogs options, tactical turn-based combat, quest-solving and last but not least an intriguing and complex RPG-system.
More information.

Is it just me, or is the main video on the kickstarter page in very low quality?
From the main video it felt a lot of "this is unity" all over the place. Also some elements looked like in the Blade of Destiny Remake, which is probably not a good thing. ^^

I liked the video below that more (which Couch linked), while you can clearly see that the developer isn't exactly a salesman and he has a hard time to look motivated about doing the video and getting things to the point (and sitting straight, not hitting the camera) I felt more attracted to the game with that video than with the main video.

I think best choice would have been to make a more compressed video in the style of the second one. With more time spent on recording, making clear and sharp statements in one or two sentences each (with less thinking pauses in between) the second video's time might probably have been cut into half.

Anyways, with just 9$ for early bird, it's not really a question of backing it and support this game.

Don't think to give exclusive items to backers at the 25$ tier is a good idea though. Something like this never worked / lead to positive feedback.

The purported depth of systems they are aiming for I guess shouldn't be a surprise given the projects and things that they cite as inspiration, but still....that's some finely wrought ambitions there. So different to Seven Dragon Saga's way of dealing with, well, just about everything---but that's honestly a refreshing aspect considering.

I really debated about this one. I despise the first person view, but some of the systems they talk about using are interesting enough to risk my $9. I like the idea of disabling features based on difficulty. I'd eventually love to see a better degree of customization through doing something like this. Combat system could be hit or miss, but interesting on paper at least.

Do these folks have any experience with other games ?
According to the kickstarter page yes just look at the about team section.

The video was pretty boring but KS page features are more interesting and for only 9$ I just might risk this. But it only comes out in February 2017?! By images and such, it looks much further along than 2 more years of development.
While TSI guys promise a game in 1.5 years that looks much less finished.

I caved, but only because the entry fee was so low.
I don't really expect much here, but we'll see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw2HVry4Cak&t=304

Look at that inventory customization and available stats: evasion, initiative, armor penetration, etc. And Overworld map exploration mode to top it off… !

Frankly, the only issue I see with the game, amongst all its great features, is the poor character textures in combat mode. But it's still very early in development…

Last edited:
Thanks Drithius, I liked that video more than the kickstarter one, it made me a backer.

To be fair, they're both Kickstarter videos, but the one above is second on the page and not the intro to the project.

Even with the poor delivery (understandably due to the language barrier), I feel the second gives much needed exposition on what they're trying to do, whereas the first video is fairly generic with the namedropping and panoramas. I hope the project makes it.

Look at that, you're right just one scroll down and I didn't see it.

Guess it just underscores how important the main video is if a kickstarter whore like me can miss it (or am I the John and kickstarter the whore??).

I was going to back if beta access was $25 or less, but it wasn't. I'll wait for early access. Since the game is 2 years away, I'm just not feeling any urgency.

...wait, this is the guy that has spent months here talking about his game and showing screenshots.

Backed!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom