RPGWatch - Asheron's Call Retrospective

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Fluent takes us back to the past in his new retrospective article for Asheron's Call.
Childhood-defining games. As gamers, we all have them. Being an avid RPG gamer since childhood, I've had several games that helped define the early years of my gaming life. Many RPGs I've played have had moments that remained with me for years, and still others completely changed my outlook on the genre, and to this day I still have many vivid memories of these beautiful, shimmering gems. Asheron's Call is an example of such a gem. It's a game that completely took over my life for one summer and did not let go, showing me the huge world of unique possibilities that only an online RPG played with other real, actual players can have. It defined a piece of my childhood, though it was a brief and fleeting piece, still a piece nonetheless.
More information.

This is excellently written, Fluent. You're so good at delivering the essentials of a game, even as you explain what it means to you.

You've made this one sound tempting, I'll admit. :) Thanks for putting this one on my list!

Couldn't agree more. Great writeup Fluent. Your ability to convey your prospective so eloquently is a real gift. Really enjoyed reading it.

Now I've got another game in my backlog, I'll have to try to find time for someday.

Shakes fist. :)

Thanks for the kind comments! :) They are really appreciated. I'm glad you guys liked the article, I love writing for others to enjoy, and saying it is excellently written is a huge compliment! I'm giddy :).

Thanks for making my day! :party:

Another great Retrospective article from Fluent!

Congratulations!

Keep them coming! Always!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, henriquejr! The articles will continue to come as long as I know people are enjoying them. :)

Cheers! :party:

To Couchpotato and the RPGWatch web site team:

Those retrospective articles are really great! Are they a permanent RPGWatch's feature ?
If so, as a piece of suggestion I think they deserve to have a section of its own. I tried to search the previous ones and I think it's a bit hard to search them on this site.

Or maybe it's just me :)

If they have a separate section, could you point me out ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
They dont have their own section yet, but can be filtered out in the following link.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/articles.html?type=8

I'll see about making a new category for retrospective articles in the future.

Awesome job Fluent. I am so close to clicking that link.

Hmm! A separate section for retrospectives would be really nice, since once the front page runs its course, the articles kind of get lost to oblivion! Having a sub-forum with all the newsbits from the retrospective articles would give them a lot more longevity, and newer members would be able to find them easier. Good idea, henriquejr!

And thanks, redman5427! Click the link and support the game. It's worth it. ;)

To make it more clear: It won't be a separate section somewhere, it would be a way to filter articles via the link Couch provided.

Back
Top Bottom