Lords of the Fallen - 900k Copies Sold

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Their sales were fragged by the performance problems. If they could lose the DRM or adopt a lighter one, thier sales would probably skyrocket, as the game is pretty solid and does a decent job at being a light Dark Souls game.

And Denuvo got a really bad rep in the last months, so most people are avoiding any game with that software included.

I hope that they adopt a different copy protection or drop it, as i'd really love to play their game. Many of the performance problems disappeared in the later patches (though they still have some problems left), so the game is a lot more stable now (i know, as my little bro has the game and he owns a beasty PC).

900K for such type of a game is IMO an impressive number. I expected 500K max.

Have to disagree with all Denuvo naysayers. DA3 uses that DRM to and it didn't affect game performance at all on my machine nor rooted some malware in the system.
It's not Denuvo that made me not buying LotF, but the game core design.

And Denuvo got a really bad rep in the last months, so most people are avoiding any game with that software included.

Most people are avoiding Dragon Age and FIFA 15?

Have not had any performance issues due to Denuvo on DA:I or Lords of the Fallen. 900k is actually a very good number of sales for such a game (still need to finish it though).

What is the opinion on the game?
Is it fun? Can you create many different but still viable character builds to beat the game ?

900k is a very good number for a relatively unknown developer. Let's not forget Wasteland only sold about 400k copies on Steam last year, and D:OS also about 900k.

900k is a very good number for a relatively unknown developer. Let's not forget Wasteland only sold about 400k copies on Steam last year, and D:OS also about 900k.
I agree but Lords of the Fallen definitely cost more to develop than both kickstarters. I'm happy that CI Games is funding two more games even if one is a mobile game.

Last edited:
You guys do know that kingdom of amular sold 1.2 million right?

Isn't this game a copycat of Demon's Souls? I don't understand why someone would play a subpar imitation rather than the original.

Pirates are, for the most part. :D Denuvo hasn't been cracked "properly" yet afaik
Not properly cracked but it has been bypassed by a Chinese pirate group.

Just this once I'm glad pirates have to settle for playing the inferior version as it wont be updated, and they can't use The Keep to import their previous choices.

It's usually the paying customer that gets screwed with DRM.:biggrin:
You guys do know that kingdom of amular sold 1.2 million right?
Yes and it still wasn't enough to keep the developer in business.The difference here is CI Games will be funding a sequel, and other spin-offs in the future.

Last edited:
KoA cost well over 50 million, i've seen estimates at over 60 million. At a guesstimate W2 probably cost about 1/10 of that and had partially "free" funding. Meanwhile the Amalur guys would have probably been paying interest on their 75 million dollar loan.

Excellent game really, I'm almost done with my second play through. I'd put it ahead of DS2 but behind DS1.

Would have done better if it wasn't plagued by technical issues on release and some still linger.

Hope they get the bugs worked out on the sequel as it will be a day 1 purchase.

A very beautiful game, certainly, and I kinda like it better than Dark Souls. But it wasn't for me - as it was the same basic formula = combat, combat, combat - learn patterns and beat big boss, combat, combat, combat - repeat.

The little audio logs were nice, but just didn't give me a great sense of the story - and the exploration wasn't very interesting to me.

Not properly cracked but it has been bypassed by a Chinese pirate group.
Actually from what I've read what's bypassed there was Origin client - the game is led to believe that the user has the game registered on Origin by being fed with nonexisting data. Denuvo is still protecting the game exe, is still working even on pirated copies and you cannot cheat the game by hex editing the main executable.

Someone mentioned Amalur sold more than a million copies - that's an awsome number but with so much cash spent by that company in one big nothing they needed to sell at least 10 times that. And I don't think that a game that respawns chests endlessly can be attractive to Sims 3 or League of Legends audience.

Actually from what I've read what's bypassed there was Origin client - the game is led to believe that the user has the game registered on Origin by being fed with nonexisting data. Denuvo is still protecting the game exe, is still working even on pirated copies and you cannot cheat the game by hex editing the main executable.
That's what I said Joxer it cant be cracked just bypassed with a with a wrapper to trick it. Making that bypass isn't easy as you need data that matches every CPU.

Steam added a new DRM also and it works. I'm glad they found a way to not stop, but curtail pirates. Developers will not be able to blame piracy for poor sales anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom