Lords of Xulima - 40% Off On GOG Till May 4th

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Numantian Games notifed me you can now buy Lords of Xulima for 40% off on GOG. The sale will last until May 4th so everyone still has the chance to buy a copy.

Lords of Xulima just received a major patch: the 1.8 update, which includes Linux support, a Polish localisation, and many sought-after improvements. We love big patches that breathe a bit of new life into our games, so how could we not celebrate with a discount? Lords of Xulima is 40% off for one week!
More information.

Great price for many hours of gaming fun!

Exactly! If you were eye-balling this game, now there is no more excuse.

Good ol' hardcore RPG that can be a lil' bit grindy if you are a completionist. Loot is a bit boring (only material quality changes and very little variation in what it does). Otherwise full recommendation.

My party is at around level 28, i think i am in the middle of the story now. Did not expect to play it in my native Polish language though :)

The game is great for the first 40 hours.

After that, it gets very repetitive. Or rather, by that point you wonder why you should keep on playing, as nothing changes.
But that is still 40 hours very well spent.

Well full price was actually pretty decent for the content. I found the game most fun the first 20 or so hours (actually I don't really have an hour count - at some point it switched from a fantastic rpg experience to a bit of a grind (the story moments seemed to be few and far inbetween later in the game). While I'm not sure i'll ever finish the game again I can see starting a new adventure and stopping when it hits the grind.
-
I want to stress the problem isn't so much length but there are some really fantastic rpg momements in the first half and i just don't remember much in the second half that made it interesting (unless you love endless fighting).

I loved it. I truly hope to see a sequel at some point, some of the later fights were really epic. I certainly got what I paid for, and then some.

I've played too many grindy repetitive combat RPGs in the last few months, so I think I'll pass on this for now.

Missing out.

Xulima is grindy and repetitive? o_O

I did hear from the developer that clearing every area was not what they intended, and the random encounter areas were only meant for people who felt they weren't high enough level to proceed…

Best game of 2014! There is just so much content and such a good use of skills, and the game isn't afraid to annihilate you if you're not careful. It's just such a breath of fresh air. I love it to bits.

I really want to try this but I when I read people say its grindy I am bit reluctant to buy it since I like to finish my games and I hate to leave them in the middle :lol:

Bought it! Looking forward to playing this weekend. I played ALL of Wizardry 8 without the speed-up mod, so I expect to really like this.

Indeed I am! I've finished the rat cave and now I'm on the second mission on the beach. I like the food/supplies mechanic as a way to manage the pace, and the lack of quest markers that allows you to discover things for yourself. I also like how you can see how the monster group compares to your level. So far the only thing I don't like is that you don't automatically walk to an object when you click on it, so I have to walk there and then click again.

This game is criminally underrated, it has tons of great content, it looks gorgeous, it never lets you get comfortable and it has many great design choices. It genuinely floored me. It's like an 80s DOS RPG on steroids in all the best possible ways.

Back
Top Bottom