Kings and Generals - A New Indie JRPG Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I received word today from an indie developer about his game called Kings and Generals: A Divided Loyalty, and it seems his game is made with the RPG Maker engine.

War has broken out between ostensibly peaceful neighbor nations. After centuries of peace and prosperity, a cascade of events has lead the Kingdom of Farheen to become aggressor and invaded your homelands – the Empire of Avaria. You are up and coming John Fox, an up and coming general known as the Dragon of Avaria, thrown into the mist of the political skirmishes and turbulent unrest in the lands. Will you be able the crush the enemy state troops marching at your doorsteps to restore the balance of power and regain the once great peace before its is forgotten?

“Kings and Generals: A Divided Loyalty” is a 16-bit RPG Visual Novel with a deep and immersive storyline that will truly satisfy the fans of classic JRPG’s like Final Fantasy, Suikoden and Grandia.

The game features:
– more than 1 hour of cutscenes.
– professional voice-over acting
– original orchestral score
– gripping story line
– rich high fantasy setting
– immersive world with side quests and
charming NPCs.

Estimated 6 – 7 hours of gameplay.
More information.

6-7 hours of gameplay with 1 hour of cutscenes. I will just watch a movie instead and save 5 hours.

I will just copy and paste what I wrote on your private board about this game, Couch. :)

I have played it for an hour already and I really dig it. It starts off a bit simplistic, but once you start leveling up and gaining combat abilities it becomes more involved. I think the graphics look beautiful as well, and I like the cutscenes. The voice acting is a nice touch, but it could use quite a bit more polish. I do think the writing is very natural and good as well. The conversations flow well and nothing sounds forced, which is nice.

I could see myself really getting involved in this game if there was a larger world to explore with more hours of content. As it stands, I'm not sure if I can recommend such a short game, since my own personal preference is large, epic adventures. For a few hours of fun, though? I'd give it a look. It's a little gem and I hope the developer continues on with new projects and creates something epic.

Back
Top Bottom