The CRPG Book Project - New April Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Felipe Pepe posted another update for his CRPG Book Project that has information on his books progress, and shares a link to an updated article on Gamasutra.

Sorry for the delay in this update, but I have a lot to share today!

First, the book’s preview is now over 30.000 downloads! That’s almost as many people as the population of the town I grew up, which is quite scary.

Second, I expanded the “Hot Ratios” post I wrote last year into a full fledged article at Gamasutra. The article was very well received (Ron Gilbert even retweeted it!) and I hope more people become aware of the issue of non-square pixel aspect ratios and learn a few tips on how to solve it.

Third, I’m almost finished with the 20 pages of gaming history that will serve as chapter division, splitting the reviews in intervals of five years: 1974-1979, 1980-1984, 1985-1989, and so on… These will give some context as to what was going on at the time, pointing out key events (and not just console releases).
More information.

Congrats for 30.000 downloads - could be a sign that a Kickstarter for a paper version might work!

I would buy a copy.

Back
Top Bottom