Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - New on Kickstarter and Funded

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new Kickstarter by Koji Igarashi has launched and has been quickly funded. Currently it is at 1.2 million, where they 'only' asked for 500K. The game they will develop is named Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night with the following short description:

• An exploration-focused, side-scrolling platformer featuring RPG and crafting elements.
  • Koji Igarashi, the namesake of "Igavania"-style games, is leading the project, with Michiru Yamane composing the music and Inti Creates leading the development.
  • If funded, the game will be developed for XBOX One, Playstation 4, and PC. For the first time on Kickstarter, backers will have the option to receive actual PS4 / XB1 / PC retail discs.

Thanks HiddenX

More information.

O_O

It is insane how instantly this got funded. I have absolutely zero interest in this, but I stand in awe.
Is this supposed to be some sort of famous dude?

O_O

It is insane how instantly this got funded. I have absolutely zero interest in this, but I stand in awe.

Apart form the cool Gothic graphics it must have been the torture scene, the "going psycho is soo cool"-meme most people seem to adore nowadays..

O_O

He is the guy who resurrected the Castlevania franchise with Symphony of the Night in 1999 merging the old Castlevania platforming with the Metroid style of design and light RPG elements basically creating the Metroidvania genre. He was in charge of the franchise for many years until Order of Ecclesia on DS I think then Konami shelved him and gave the licence to the spanish studio that did the 3D AAA God of War style Castlevania games.
I'm glad he's doing another game like this, I enjoy playing those a lot.

I personally have a bias against side scrollers and platformers, but I do know Castlevania has a passionate following.

Back
Top Bottom