Serpent in the Staglands - Manual 2.0 and new portraits

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The release date of Serpent in the Staglands is coming closer: 28. May 2015

An updated manual is available and some new character portraits as well.

We’re finishing up with the last of the portraits for companions and character generation and wanted to show off another preview of some new faces! No Lachovinians or Ameythevians in this one, but have some dashing Pasaarans, Varuchovs and Taratoriths (4 of whom are backers portraits!)

Total there are 50 character generation portraits to choose from, and 30 companions able to be put through the grinder.

The Varuchov male featured is actually the most powerful companion you can find, and is one of the rare surface dwelling Vykins within the Staglands (Vykins are the equivalent of our historic knights — honored in ceremony, monsters in reality). He’s quite difficult to obtain, but I’m sure the savviest of Spicers out there can manage.

More information.

Contrary to The Witcher 3 this game will look the same on all supported hardware (PC, Mac & Linux) :) - so don't hesitate and just buy it!

Yeah, it will look equally bad on all platforms. :p

Real time w/pause, I'll pass. It's definitely not for me. Never finished Baldur's Gate series because the combat bores me. Divinity Original Sin I've played to the end and I'll play the EE version thanks to the turn based combat, that kept me entertained. Made the same mistake with Pillars of Eternity. Got bored fast. I should have learned by now that although story might be very important to a RPG, the combat mechanics can be serious deal breakers. It's usually the thing we do most of the time during the game, so it's important that it's really enjoyable.

Oldschool pixel art has a renaissance my friend and good gameplay is all you need, anyway.:cool:

I'll probably buy this asap, and then wait for the obligatory patches to hit before playing. Looks good and rich to me, I just hope it has some serious length.

I just watched the trailer - the game looks excellent. I'll be buying this.

Also any idea when it'll be released?

Oldschool pixel art has a renaissance my friend and good gameplay is all you need, anyway.:cool:

Indeed. This bad boy takes me back to when I was young. Playing Kings Quest at an IBM store. The fun it was! Been waiting on this one.

Only bad thing I read about this game is its shorter play time - around 30h. But it is supposed to be pretty replayable.

It's a fun game, for sure.

I played the beta and made some videos. See if they are of any help to you.

They are on a playlist on my YouTube channel. Link is in my signature. =)

I didn't play much because I didn't want to ruin the final game. I think it will be a worthwhile, gorgeous RPG to play. Yes, I said gorgeous. It looks nice to my eyes, heh. =)

I like the art style too -- the pixel portraits based on backer photos have a lot of character.

The hard-to-read ye olde font I could do without, though.

Back
Top Bottom