The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is an upcoming action role-playing video game currently being developed by CD Projekt RED. The war with Nilfgaard obliterated the old order. The North is engulfed in chaos, and marching armies leave a plague of monsters in their wake. Geralt of Rivia once more treads the Witcher’s Path.

More information.

Though I'm really enjoying W3, it will never pass Skyrim because I can only play Geralt with little pieces of Ciri. In Skyrim I have played 15 or more pcs that have totally different skills, interests, factions, etc. and I can mod out anything I don't like. W3 will never match Skyrim unless it releases a robust mod-kit.

For character building diversity Skyrim certainly has Wicher 3 beat, but Witcher 3's combat is much better.

Dido. I really enjoy the combat. I'm playing on Death March, and I really have to time and lure enemies as much as possible. And archers seem to be the bane of my existence. On this difficulty they always seem to have dead-eye accuracy. And I love that you can't really spam attacks. I mean you can, but it's highly discouraged because enemies have their guard up and you have to break their stamina in order to break their defenses. And by the time you break their guard you can bet his mates are already on you, clobbering you to death.

In Skyrim I have played 15 or more pcs that have totally different skills, interests, factions, etc. and I can mod out anything I don't like. W3 will never match Skyrim unless it releases a robust mod-kit.

I'm still very early in, but so far TW3 completely destroys Skyrim in a lot of areas.

The writing is especially good. Every side quest I've undertaken actually felt like a real dilemma for the people I was helping, and no two quests have been similar. It's light years better than the generic fluff Skyrim gives you.

Without mods, the character building in Skyrim is mostly superficial as you can easily become a jack of all trades long before the end of the game.

The modding community is no doubt much larger for Skyrim, and Bethesda will probably always be king in that department, but that's partially born out of necessity. W3 isn't a game that needs mods to be great.

I also love how all the loot in TW3 is hand-placed, which I think is amazing when you consider how large the game world is. I've never liked the procedurally generated loot system in Bethesda's games.

I wonder how magic-overhaul mods for TW3 will eventually look like :p

Back
Top Bottom