Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Update #32 brings a trailer and a sale

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Harebrained Schemes has released a teaser trailer for the upcoming third entry in their series of Shadowrun adventures, and the game is also now available for pre-purchase on Steam. To celebrate, the team is offering the previous two games for just a few bucks, and a discount on preorders of the new one as well.

Company co-founder Mitch Gitelman effuses:

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is on track for an important milestone at the end of this month: Feature Complete! That’s when the code for all our new features is working in the game. There will still be a little placeholder art remaining for some of the new interfaces we’ve added, but the underlying code works like it’s supposed to and everything will be in the hands of the artists and the designers after that. For the engineers, it’s all bug fixes, tweaks, and polish for the rest of the project!
The new screenshots actually show more of the game than the brief teaser, so here's a couple of them:​

srhk05.jpg

srhk04.jpg

More information.

Shadowrun Returns was excellent and I still have to play Dragonfall. Hong Kong looks sweet too !

Are you in control of a group of npc's in this game? Like Pillars of Eternity and others? I am a bit tired of those, I'm longing back to the original fallouts where you could play one character. I just can't seem to connect with a whole bunch of em and the combat is just too tedious at times.

Still waiting for the fallout 3 :)

Are you in control of a group of npc's in this game? Like Pillars of Eternity and others? I am a bit tired of those, I'm longing back to the original fallouts where you could play one character. I just can't seem to connect with a whole bunch of em and the combat is just too tedious at times.

Still waiting for the fallout 3 :)

Sorry, but Fallout had a party. Many old RPG's have a party, but you could have skipped recruiting and solo them. Wasteland 2 and PoE can be soloed, though they do require a lot of micromanagement. Same goes for the new Fallout games.

If you want solo, i suggest to play action RPG's (Diablo, Titan Quest, Alpha Protocol, Morrowind, Skyrim, Oblivion, Van Helsing, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Divine Divinty, Beyond Divinity, Divinity 2, Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, Deus Ex series are just a few suggestions for what you are looking).

Shadowrun games need a party and Dragonfall has some quite well written characters. If Hong Kong is going to be at least at the same level, i'm a happy cat. And i wouldn't skip Shadowrun Returns, either. Good story, great cyberpunk feel.

As a side note: Shadowrun Returns (2.79 euro) and Dragonfall (4.49 euro) are heavily discounted now and you can pre-order Hong Kong with a 33% discount (18.75 euro). Your choice, young padawan (not so young if you can remember the original Fallout games):biggrin:

Are the mobile ports also discounted? Does anyone know? I have no idea how you can see that in the Google app store...

Cheers Wolfrain, what I meant was that in the fallouts, and planescape torment for that matter, you started out alone and a party was very much optional. This allowed for a strong bond with your character, very much like the bond you get with the protagonist in a good novel.

Wasteland 2 and PoE are very much party based without a main character. I tried soloing a bit in both and got butchered pretty consistently, they are nothing like the old fallouts. Not in story and not in play style. That doesn't have anything to do with it being an action rpg or not.

I had such low expectations (or really no expectations) for this game series and yet had so much fun playing them. It really felt like finding hidden treasure when I started playing. Very excited for this new installment.

Back
Top Bottom