CRPG Book Project - Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Felipe Pepe tweeted that he has updated the list of pending reviews for his CRPG-Book-Project:
In preparation for the upcoming book preview I updated the list of pending reviews. Take a look if you want to help: -> Spreadsheet
That list is impressive but some promised articles are still missing or are not assigned. So if you ever wanted to be in a book about your favorite hobby and can contribute something interesting contact Felipe.
We have a CRPG-Book-thread here on RPGWatch where you can post questions, suggestions and remarks.

More information.

Kind of odd that no one has claimed the Fallout 3 or Stalker: SoC reviews. Or NWN2: MotB, for that matter, given the veritable puddles of drool that form whenever it's mentioned.

Just because you enjoyed the game, doesn't mean you are inspired to write a review :)

It seems like he did a lot of cleaning up of the list. I think at one point it was like 80% assigned. I might be willing to write a review on a few available on the list, but I'm not sure if Felipe will be happy with my review standard.

That answers my question from that other thread, Dark Sun has already been reviewed. Though I'm not sure what he means by 'mention sequel' - is that two reviews in one?

Also +1 for putting Grimoire on the list, the one game to rule them all.

Felipepepe should:
1. start the kickstarter project on this thing
2. pack up bags, close the account and move to RPGwatch, never look back

I notice that no-one has put their hand up to review Arx Fatalis yet, which is a surprise really. I know the 'Watch has quite a few resident fans (Nerevarine, Thrasher, JDR, wiretripped…) who could pen some eloquent enough sentences to do this great game justice. :)

Otherwise, I'm not certain on Felipe's thoughts on reviewers doing multiple reviews for his book, but I'd possibly be interested in giving it a shot…

There a several people doing more than one review - no problem.

mmm, well, you've inspired me HiddenX :) - I think I'll buy the game on Steam for convenience's sake and maybe trial out Arx Libertatis and see what it is like.
I'm not sure if I read much feedback here on that project.

I'll let the actual topic of a review sit for a little while longer though, just in case we do get a late Arxer as it were...

Felipepepe should:
1. start the kickstarter project on this thing
It's tempting (especially with the current dollar exchange), but I'm not taking any money until I finish the project.

My original plan was to finish this in ~8 months, been 16 months now and I'm still like 70%. I sleep a lot easier knowing that I don't owe to anyone, that I'm not "one of those kickstarter projects"...

Back
Top Bottom