Larian Studios - Kirill Pokrovsky RIP

txa1265

SasqWatch
RIP Kirill Pokrovsky

Here is the note on the Div:OS Kickstarter page:
A great man, a fantastic composer and a good friend passed away yesterday. Rest in peace Kirill Pokrovsky – we will miss you.
And thank you for all the gifts you’ve given us. We each have our own Kirill story and many of us have Kirill presents on their desks. All of them demonstrate how rich a person you were.
We’ve all hummed your music and we have marvelled at how far your virtuosity went. You were truly somebody unique, a true artist, and we were very lucky to have you as a colleague.
Your greatest to us gift of course was your music that you shared with us on many occasions. The following concert in particular was really special for us, in the midst of a chaotic Kickstarter campaign, you brought us a moment of peace and joy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dStHe6h_Xg
What few people saw was exactly how cool you were behind the scenes as this piece of unreleased footage shows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5obqnfvwh2o
Larian will never be the same again without you.
We will remember you always. .

Sad … his is some of my favorite all-time game music.

Last edited:
There were some talks he had health problems but noone said it's serious, this is sad news.
RIP

*sniff*

I really loved his score for the Larian games.

Oh no :(

He was a great composer and will be missed. I think I'll play the Divine Divinity soundtrack at work today.

He was once the best of friends, I'll never forget him and always keep the things he gave me.

The way he lived was certainly not healthy, but he brought a lot of happiness to a lot of people.

RIP Kirill Pokrovsky.

Damn.. what? Kirill? O_O

Goodness me, no. That's very unfortunate news. :(

I love his work like many others and absolutely treasure the Divine Divinity soundtrack. Some wonderful memories simply listening to this outside of the game, within it and in other cRPGs that have no soundtracks. (Spiderweb…) Like Nephologist, I think I'll pay my tribute by listening to it for my morning commute tomorrow.

I can still remember going to the local library in 2004 or so (when I had lousy dial-up internet) to visit Kirill's humble html web page to download the free versions of his soundtracks. Definitely a creative genius that will be missed!

Thanks for passing on the news too, txa, a melancholy task.

Last edited:
The latest Original Sin Kickstarter update brings us the sad news that Kirill Pokrovsky, the composer for all Divinity games up to now has passed away yesterday.

A great man, a fantastic composer and a good friend passed away yesterday. Rest in peace Kirill Pokrovsky – we will miss you.

And thank you for all the gifts you’ve given us. We each have our own Kirill story and many of us have Kirill presents on their desks. All of them demonstrate how rich a person you were.

We’ve all hummed your music and we have marvelled at how far your virtuosity went. You were truly somebody unique, a true artist, and we were very lucky to have you as a colleague.

Your greatest gift to us of course was your music that you shared with us on many occasions. The following concert in particular was really special for us, in the midst of a chaotic Kickstarter campaign, you brought us a moment of peace and joy.

More information.

Rest in peace! I loved the work he did on the Divinity games. Excellent soundtracks.

The D:OS music feel so sad all of a sudden.
He leaves behind him some really big shoes to fill.

First game's soundtracks was really perfect. Rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom