Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Content Complete

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Nearly Content Complete

According to the Kickstarter page Shadowrun: Hong Kong is nearly content complete:
Full Steam Ahead!

Hey Chummers - Producer Chris here!

Just taking a second to poke my head up from the depths of development to give you a quick check-in regarding where development of Shadowrun: Hong Kong stands.

Our pace has been accelerating steadily over the past few months to get us to the current breakneck speed that will carry us to the July 4th weekend. When we get there, we’ll celebrate our Content Complete milestone and the team will take a deep breath for the first time since it started getting "Toasty in Seattle" (we're not used to 80's in May, and the A/C was not up to the task - though recently improved!).

Content Complete doesn't mean we won't still be polishing the game after the 4th - it means we're not adding anything new to the experience after that. This is extremely important to the QA process. If basic functionality and structural pieces are continually shifting, it’s very difficult to get a stable, shippable game quickly. But, if we're just swapping out a placeholder wall tile for a final wall tile or a sketch portrait for a final portrait, it may not be risk-free (from your friendly neighborhood producer's POV), but it’s certainly less prone to create new bugs from a gameplay standpoint.

Speaking of bugs and QA, that process is up to full speed as well. Our bug lists are growing (as expected) while the rest of the new content goes in. And holy shrine spirits, is it ever going in! Missions are moving forward in leaps and bounds every day across the board, from gameplay and story to art and audio.

The new Matrix is finally being distributed in all its glory across every mission after months of hard work from multiple team members thanks to your generous Kickstarter backed funding goal. This is really exciting to see and we can't wait for you to experience it!

Also in the "Completely New to Shadowrun Thanks to Kickstarter Backers" category that’s rocking our cybersocks: animatics. If you got a chance to see the pre-launch trailer, you got a taste of what these are going to be like. As you know, we're big on storytelling, and while you don't have to worry that you'll be sitting through a bunch of movies instead of partaking of our writing team's talents, a little cinematic touch not only adds some great drama, but also some new perspectives on the world of Shadowrun. We hope you'll agree that the storytelling enhancement is powerful. (…)
More information.

Last edited:
At Steam:
Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall -DC are available for only $2.99 and $4.49 and the Shadowrun: Hong Kong Deluxe Edition continues to be offered for pre-sale for the price of the base game, only $19.99. (The Deluxe Edition will be $29.99 at launch).

It says 4th July is the content complete milestone. Don't think they are there yet.

At Steam:
Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall -DC are available for only $2.99 and $4.49 and the Shadowrun: Hong Kong Deluxe Edition continues to be offered for pre-sale for the price of the base game, only $19.99. (The Deluxe Edition will be $29.99 at launch).

They are also on sale at GOG for the same price right now.

I really hope the matrix is radically different. I enjoyed their first two games but the matrix part was tedious.

I hope for more choices, and more stat dependant dialogue that actually does something useful for you.

I hope for more choices, and more stat dependant dialogue that actually does something useful for you.

I agree, the dialog options didn't do anything, unless you had a skill-specific option.

I was particularly disappointed with the lack of options at the final boss of Dragonfall.

I won't spoil anything, but wouldn't it be interesting if you played through a game, got to the final boss, heard his maniacal rant and the game gave you a choice to agree with them?

What if you could of agreed with the boss after hearing his justification?

Maybe I'm just evil and secretly desire to rule the world. :)

I've said it before, but I really like this studio. Everything smacks of professionalism and good attitude, without a lot of phony excuses and fluff. I'm happy to support devs like this.

Liked Dragonfall a lot but some bugs really impaired the experience: inventory bugs, lack of item description etc.

Hopefully Hong Kong will be better polished.

I really hope the matrix is radically different. I enjoyed their first two games but the matrix part was tedious.

I completely agree, it wasn't fun at all after the 3th time. The combat out the matrix is the strength point of the game.

Actually, that was one of the achieved Stretch Goals.
From the KS page:
¨$700,000 - Revamped Matrix: Art and Gameplay! If we hit this goal, we'll add more people to the team to revise the look, feel, and gameplay of the Matrix. We want the Matrix to feel more like you're traveling in the digital world. We also want to add new types of Intrusion Countermeasures and new ways of interacting with them so that decking feels more like an illegal entry into someone's system. ¨

Yeah it's been getting uncomfortably warm here in the Seattle area. I'm not looking forward to August.

Back
Top Bottom