Grimoire - Indiegogo Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Cleve Blakemore - Grimoire update:
Working on completing the final touches for the game, including this baby poster found in various locations all over Hyperborea.

I am down to roughly 7 issues that have emerged mainly from searching for notes in the code commented as "//*TODO" and "//*FIX". As far as I can tell I have not been able to produce an in-game exception from doing anything.

The goal is to submit to Steam Greenlight as soon as all final graphics are in, including this poster. Placeholders for monsters in some places are being replaced with super high quality graphics and the animated magic and spell effects are also being finished off. Game is looking pretty good considering only one person has been working on it the past three years.

All pledges will receive instant early access to the complete version of the game in Steam Greenlight when it becomes available. I completed a full walkthrough last month and only encountered one exception crash generated by an in-game assert which I fixed on the spot.
More information.

"Game is looking pretty good considering only one person has been working on it the past three years."

What about the other 10+ years? Does he mean there was more than one person working on it during those? o_O

Anyway, you have to applaud him for being so persistent in trolling the interwebz.

What about the other 10+ years? Does he mean there was more than one person working on it during those? o_O

He has referred to another ex-Sirtech employee called "Shams" who has done work on Grimoire. AFAIK Cleve has never let on wether he had help with the graphics too but I would suspect it.

What I played years ago was a good game. I hope he does release it.

"Game is looking pretty good considering only one person has been working on it the past three years."

Anyway, you have to applaud him for being so persistent in trolling the interwebz.

10+? Isn't it closer to 20 overall?

Hell, I'll vote for it in a heartbeat. Even buy it. And play it.

When it's actually at a full-on, 1.0 release.

Sacred Path and I already crowdfunded it on Indiegogo years ago…

Is this Indiegogo campaign about opportunity to work on the game for next several years? Otherwise he would need to release it…. and that would be unfortunate. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Hahaha all the ones who doubted the game are going to be really embarrassed real soon when it releases on Steam. Grimoire will take all those gimmicky indie games and swallow them whole.

Hahaha all the ones who doubted the game are going to be really embarrassed real soon when it releases on Steam. Grimoire will take all those gimmicky indie games and swallow them whole.

That is a joke right. :) Mr. Negative on everything but Grimoire. It all makes sense now.

10+? Isn't it closer to 20 overall?

I remember eagerly awaiting an earlier promised release date of Oct. 31, 1998 at one point, so you can't be faroff at this point.

Back
Top Bottom