Beamdog - New Baldur's Gate incoming?

We already know, that Adventure Y is meant to cover the events between BG1 & 2.

Yep it's probably Adventure Y that was mentioned in a different blog post.
This year, the eagerly anticipated Adventure Y will finally navigate the dark underground caverns of development and venture out into the Sword Coast. We’ve mentioned before that Adventure Y will be an addition to the Baldur’s Gate line using the Infinity engine, bridging the gap between Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition. Keep an eye on the Beamblog in late spring for announcements regarding the content and release date of Adventure Y. We have an exciting release planned for this game, something bigger than we’ve ever done before. If you’re looking for more information on Adventure Y, check out these pictures which were mysteriously leaked to the forums.

Last edited:
Finally a good new RTwP game :)
Hopefully their story is also good, I know the mechanics and gameplay will be

Sweeeeeet! I'm currently replaying Icewind Dale in the Enhanced version. It's been too long since I played the original, so I can't really say if Enhanced is better or what has been added. What I can say is, that it is still hell of a lot fun! So keep em coming!!!

I'm skeptical to see if the developer can deliver

All you can see here is a mysterious counter and a blurry sphere … 11 days to go!

More information.

I really hate ticker clocks, wait to busy to remember to go see them on the day it expires.

As for the game I just like the new sword coast when it comes out I will give if a go.

I really hate ticker clocks, wait to busy to remember to go see them on the day it expires.

As for the game I just like the new sword coast when it comes out I will give if a go.

You won't need to remember it will be front page news.:)

I can't say I'm too excited about this.

BG 1&2 are two of my favorite games of all time, but I'm not real keen on the idea of them making another game in the series 15 years later.

It's an obvious cash grab, and I would have preferred to see them do something original.

BG 1&2 are two of my favorite games of all time, but I'm not real keen on the idea of them making another game in the series 15 years later.

It's an obvious cash grab, and I would have preferred to see them do something original.

Considering nobody beat Bg1 and BG2 since then it is not a cash grab if they manage to make a good game.

I can't wait to play more baldur's gate!

It would be awesome if you could import your char from bg1ee to adventure y and then from adventure y to bg2ee :)

I am interested and intrigued to see what they can do, how they can do a sort of EU for the BG world. I do love those games, so I'll likely buy whatever they produce anyway ... :)

I hoping since they have completely rebuilt both BG games they have learned a lot about them and the mechanics. This could be a really great game or a really bad game, I don't see it being an average game.

So I am hoping for a Great game and if there is a kick starter sign me up.

I'm curious to see what sort of concept they come with for an interlude game. Good luck to them.

I dunno. This feels off somehow.

Their work on the EE versions was pretty good. It was almost required these days since the ancient "direct play" and stuff Infinity engine uses, especially for multiplayer, can be tricky to get going on modern systems. If we want classics to be bootable into the future someone has to do this kinda work or we'll eventually have to mess about with emulators and probably never get a co-op game working!

But, I mean, they've been the guys restoring Infinity engine games and nothing else… Now they're making their own original one and you, what? Wish it wasn't in the setting all their work and experience is in? What they're passionate about?

Nah. Someone else can and will come up with an original IP (Intellectual Property) for you to ignore. These guys should obviously stick to what they know and with a fully original campaign they can really show us what they've made of what they're made of. :)

If you don't like the work they've done why would you want an original IP from them? And if you liked their EE work why would you want a original IP from them?

Back
Top Bottom