Grim Dawn - Shaman Class and the Final Act

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Build 27 of the Early Access game Grim Dawn has been released. Update #44 from the Kickstarter page:

Greetings Esteemed Backers,

As many may already know, we've just released Build 27, which adds Shaman, as a sixth class, on top of the five originally planned. The build also includes numerous other fixes, balancing changes and improvements.

Act 4 content is well underway. The models for the final two bosses have been completed and are currently being animated. I think they're some of our creepiest, most epic bosses yet.

You will enter Act 4 through a mountain pass and descend through a series of walls and forts that originally guarded the northern frontier of the Erulan Empire. At the base of the mountains you will enter Fort Ikon, taken as a base for the Black Legion but now the scene of betrayal and slaughter. From there you will strike out to the Necropolis, where the Cult of Ch'thon seeks to resurrect the herald of Ch'thon and initiate the end of days, as was once attempted on a battlefield there long ago, now buried beneath the Necropolis. This monstrous harbinger of the end of times is the physical manifestation of the voice of Ch'thon, called the Loghorrean. It is said to speak a hundred dead tongues from a thousand screaming mouths... yeah... have fun with that.

We expect to finish Act 4 by the end of the year. Also coming is the much alluded to devotion system and higher difficulties. Further updates with details on these things will follow in the next couple months.

Hope you enjoy Shaman!

More information.

Been holding back playing this till release. Man it's going to be great playing it during the winter here. I know of a man who has 3500 hrs and growing already with this!

So it will never be released then.

As far as I am concerned it was released 1.5 years ago when I got my access to it and had lots of fun. Everything after is just added free content :)

Hopefully it will be released before we outgrow the hobby of video gaming.

Act 4? Wasn't it supposed to have only 3 acts?

Yup, another crowdfunded game falling to the dreaded "feature creep" syndrome.

Personally I think they did a very good job because they made the game playable to everyone early on while they add content. You could argue they should have stopped adding content earlier and started on the next game so take the extra content as a bonus. Also they started as fan funded before kickstarter. My guess is they amount of content they have continued to add likely reflect the amount of money that has come from direct sales.

Maybe, but I couldn't care less. The game has been serious fun for a few years now, so there's been no shortage of entertainment for my measly investment of $18 US. My primary concern at this point isn't that the game won't deliver value - it's already done that in spades - but rather that it'll never attract the post-release fan base it deserves because it's been in Early Access for so bloody long.

Last edited:
IIRC from dev's comments during KS campaign this game was suppose to have 1 or 2 acts around 10 hours worth of gameplay and the rest would come later.It's nice that they are increasing scope of the game but I would like to see it release finally.It need few more years of delay to be compared to Age of decadence:).

Back
Top Bottom