Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - Rights purchased by Developer Games Farm

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Developer Games Farm has purchased the rights to Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms and plan Book Two of the series and improvements for Book One:

Commenting on the deal, Peter Nagy CEO of Games Farm said, “It was our intention from the beginning to bring only the best gaming experience to players. However, after our long-term partner bitComposer Entertainment AG filed for insolvency in late 2014, the future of our games was in severe jeopardy. However, the acquisition of the publishing and distribution rights now gives us the freedom to develop and enhance our games and ensures them a bright future, something which our fans deserve.”

Lead Programmer, Jan Turan added, “We are now committed to ensuring that the promises made to players are kept and that Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms will receive major updates and extensions in 2015 and 2016.

Games Farm are working on exciting major improvements to the existing Book 1 and the game world as a whole, further details for which will be revealed over the coming weeks and months. However, the first additional content for fans of the game is the new extended official soundtrack for Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, written and composed by Dynamedion, which contains six brand new and additional tracks to the existing 21, and is available on Steam now.

To thank the community for their ongoing patience and continuing support, Games Farm has decided to release all existing DLC content (originally available exclusively in the Deluxe Edition featuring three quests - The Tholean Tablet, The Owl Amulet, and The Scorpion King) to all players of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. Those who have purchased the Deluxe Edition will receive a prequel to Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms entitled Kult: Heretic Kingdoms (originally Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition in US)’.

Furthermore, as a token of gratitude to all Early Access players and the players who have bought Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms to date, Games Farm will give free access to ‘Kult: Heretic Kingdoms’ along with the original soundtrack from Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, thus enhancing all existing copies to the Deluxe Edition.

As the Games Farm celebrate the acquisition of the rights to Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, a 50% discount is offered to their entire gaming catalogue, including the games from the ‘Air Conflicts’ series for a limited period of time. The Standard Edition of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is available on Steam and GOG for $9.99 / €9.99, the Deluxe Edition is available on Steam for $13.49 / €13.49. Do not miss this limited time opportunity!
More information.

Is this game any good? Looks like a Diablo clone.

Both Kult and Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms are indeed Diablo clones. But with a twist: you play on two planes. One plane is the normal world, the other is the spirit world. You have quests on both sides. Also, the stories are quite well written and the games lean more towards aRPG, rather than the Diablo hack and slash style. The lore is rich, some quests are pretty close to the ones that you see in cRPG's. So, yeah, overall, i'd say that both titles are quite decent.

This is great news. :) Congratulations to Games Farm. Keep up the good work.

Who is "Games Farm" ? Never heard of them ...

Both Kult and Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms are indeed Diablo clones. But with a twist: you play on two planes. One plane is the normal world, the other is the spirit world. You have quests on both sides. Also, the stories are quite well written and the games lean more towards aRPG, rather than the Diablo hack and slash style. The lore is rich, some quests are pretty close to the ones that you see in cRPG's. So, yeah, overall, i'd say that both titles are quite decent.

Thanks for the info. I was going to grab it on GOG, but it's still listed at a 20€ price tag there, unlike what the news post mentions.

KULT is highly recommended. As for Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms the last videos looked increasingly unconvincing telling me of a boring game, without interesting atmosphere or any incentive to buy at all. :(

Shadows had an interesting concept but, for an action game, combat was very slow paced. I liked the characters and the skills but it got boring before long.

Kult is a great game, but Shadows needs work. My suggestion: pick up the deal and just play Kult for now. Once they've had a chance to finish Shadows, it'll probably be decent. Kult is very well done. In fact, I hate that they did away with the attunement system and hope that they add that in to Shadows.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is a good game. Its in early access and it just need balancing. It has plenty of twists on the diablo formula and I found collecting loot for many different characters a interesting new idea .It just need a lot of balance, bug fixes, quality of life tweak and u.i changes.
Its all there though as a game.
And the soul system is different.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is a good game. Its in early access and it just need balancing.
It's not on Early Access anymore as Book One was released. The developer intended to release Book 2, but legal trouble with the publisher stalled development.

Anyway I still enjoy Kult: Heretic Kingdoms more than the new sequel.

Back
Top Bottom