Home Free - Funded

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Kickstarter campaign for Home Free, the RPG with dogs has been funded. In the meantime there are also two updates for the campaign. The first update features the dog princess and the second brings us the news that a new stretch goal is available at $55K.

Wow, that was fast! I'm humbled, grateful, inspired, and tired but strangely energized. Home Free hit 100% in five days! The response to this project has been overwhelming. It's been extremely rewarding to see so many of you instantly understand what I'm trying to do with this project, and to want to join it with me.

And now it's really going to happen! Thanks to you, I get to spend the next year bringing to life my dream for the game I've always wanted to play. I get to spend my days doing the thing I love (making games) while looking at pictures of dogs, thinking about dogs, and making pretend dogs do pretend dog things on my computer screen. I hope I don't get tired of it.

But we're not done yet! I still have a bunch of ideas for ways to make this game deeper, more interesting, and more complete. To celebrate hitting our goal, I just added a new stretch goal at $55,000: NEW TRICKS! This is an idea for a mechanic I've had for a while, and I think we can get it done. If we hit this goal, Home Free will feature gameplay about that strange ritual dogs and humans have performed for millennia: humans hold up a piece of food, dogs stare in confusion and move their bodies around in strange ways until they get that food. Congratulations, dog, you just learned a new trick!

We have plenty of other fun stretch goals after that one, too! So please keep sharing the project with your friends and helping to spread the word.

What should you expect over the next 25 days? I have a bunch of behind-the-scenes updates planned. I have some cool and exciting announcements to make. And I think I have a fun way to start answering one of the most frequently asked questions I've been hearing: what new dogs are going to be in the game? Stay tuned for all that and more.
More information.

Probably not princess :)

Back
Top Bottom