Raven's Cry - New Name and Re-Release @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Raven's Cry will be Vendetta: Curse of the Raven's Cry:

Swashbuckling RPG Raven's Cry is being re-named and re-released

It sure hasn't been smooth sailing for Raven's Cry, the high-seas piracy RPG that came out early this year. We first talked about it well over three years ago, after which it set (and missed) a few release dates before finally launching on Steam in January—an arrival greeted with borderline catastrophic user reviews. In many cases, that would be the end of it; the developer would hang its head in shame and either go bankrupt or start making mobile games. But Reality Pump Studios has decided to push ahead with a re-release of an updated version of the game under the new title Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry.

[...]

The new website at vendetta-game.com provides a handy breakdown of everything that's changed, and the list appears to be extensive. Key points include the addition of new quests and enhancement of existing ones, more "dynamic" sailing with a time acceleration option, enhanced trading and skill system, a new Alchemy system, new videos and cut scenes, and completely redone English voice acting.

That's all well and good, but the big question is whether Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry will be sufficiently stable and bug-free to redeem itself in the eyes of the Steam community, which has buried it in overwhelmingly negative user reviews.

[...]
More information.

Duh!
I expected to see a date.
And if it matters, please, make it not before december.
AoD, Hard West and FO4. Where am I supposed to squeeze RC:EE?

Maybe I should ditch PC games and switch to phonecrap, every day a brand new milk-me scam, enough time to play try them all!

I might play the enhanced edition of this upcoming version, assuming a few community patches are worked into it ;) ..and I get it on a Steam sale.

I still plan on checking this out, but not for the $55 asking price. I've seen too much negativity surrounding the original release. Hopefully the re-release will get significantly better user reviews.

I still plan on checking this out, but not for the $55 asking price. I've seen too much negativity surrounding the original release. Hopefully the re-release will get significantly better user reviews.

Doesn't matter how much febreze you spray on a turd, it's still just poop. I'm going to stick with that opinion in this case, because I looked and didn't see a gem to polish. I doubt this is a Bloodlines situation.

I've been wanting to check this out from the start. I'll check out early impressions and I'll get it if things turn out well.

assuming a few community patches are worked into it ;)
There were none and won't be any community patch. I may repeat billion times that the game wasn't nearly broken as presented in media, that game got a few OFFICIAL patches already before decision to go for EE… But the urban legend seems won't ever die.
To feed the myth more, I suggest replaying Skyrim. Without community patches.

They should ditch this turd and make 2 worlds 3.
No.
2worlds contains everspawning mobs. RC doesn't have unkillable mobs. So if something is turd…

I bet you'd like the original game too.
The negativity came from steam crybabies who thought the game is AC4 and never even heard about Sea Dogs and it's spinoffs nor tried it. It was stated clearly the game is RPG, why they all thought it's an environment puzzler, honestly, dunno.
Another negativity came from Polygon and rubbish sites alike with demands that all games should be politically correct. Especially pirate themed games, hell how they dared to put slaves and stuff in it, pirates were all fair and nice people!
Final negativity came from people who didn't even buy the game. Their argument is that the game sucks. Unlike them, when I don't buy the game, I don't just say it sux, I specify why I'll waste my cash on booze instead of that product. For whatever reason, people tend to believe in vague comments more, even when not true.

But it all doesn't matter any more.

Last edited:
The negativity came from steam crybabies who thought the game is AC4 and never even heard about Sea Dogs and it's spinoffs nor tried it. It was stated clearly the game is RPG, why they all thought it's an environment puzzler, honestly, dunno.

Another negativity came from Polygon and rubbish sites alike with demands that all games should be politically correct. Especially pirate themed games, hell how they dared to put slaves and stuff in it, pirates were all fair and nice people!
I find myself agreeing with you on the two points above, which scares me… Sea Dogs was good times! Sure it was buggy nonsense with a broken save system…but we so lack pseudo-authentic pirate games even to this day.

So yeah, I hope this new version of the game is better and gets a more fair shake. It was unfortunate how the SJW crowd were so offended by the lead character threatening violence toward women and stuff…PIRATE!! He's a pirate, people!!

I staye away, patiently waiting for patches, as i am used by now with broken games at launch.

I liked Sea Dogs and its spin-offs, with a modded PotC (Sea Dogs 3 in Russia) and AOP: Carribean tales being my favorites. So that's kind of what i've hoped from Raven's Cry: not using the AC4 gameplay.

AC4… What I couldn't stand in that game is idiotic story, unoptimized code and annoying repetitive missions. Sure, it has a decent soundtrack and shiny graphics as plus, but a game is supposed to be fun, not an eyecandy drag with grind.

As mediocre as it can be, instead of just 5 I'd still put 6/10 on it. Because shipfights aiming/shooting with keyboard+mouse is way faster and more efficient than with joystick. Not my words but words of my friend who plays everything with joysticks. AC4 was the first game with multiple input options he found controller not good enough and used K+M instead.

Just to add, I like RC (and of course Sea Dogs and spinoffs) shipfights more.

AC4… What I couldn't stand in that game is idiotic story, unoptimized code and annoying repetitive missions. Sure, it has a decent soundtrack and shiny graphics as plus, but a game is supposed to be fun, not an eyecandy drag with grind.

The missions alone are what kills AC4 for me. It's a shame, because it really is a beautiful game, and I love the setting. The mission style is terribly gamey and arcade-like though.

JDR, I challenge you to beat me here:
https://club.ubi.com/

It's still beta so your badges won't stick and stuff, but still.
(me? level 27)

LOL
You already belong to this club - it's uPlay 2.0 so you authorize with uPlay credentials.
I bet it'll be integrated in uPlay client as soon as it leaves beta sate.

Back
Top Bottom