System Shock

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
A first-person fight to the death in the depths of space.

You're a renowned hacker, the most notorious cyberspace thief in the corporate world. Caught during a risky break-in, you become indentured to Diego, a greedy Trioptium exec who bankrolls a rare cyberjack implant operation. After six months in a healing coma, you awaken to the twisted aftermath of a terrible disaster. Where are the surgeons? Why is the station in such disrepair? Slowly, the chilling realization that something is very wrong creeps over you.
Once a prime corporate research facility, Citadel now teems with mindless cyborgs, robots and terribly mutated beings, all programmed to serve SHODAN, a ruthless A.I. There's scarcely time to think before it unleashes the first terror...

Twenty one years after its first release, System Shock is back!

The Enhanced Edition adds a modern touch to this true classic gem, without taking anything from its unmistakable atmosphere.
See for yourself that the game that has been called the benchmark for intelligent first-person gaming, has lost nothing of its ability to keep you on the edge of your seat.

System Shock: Enhanced Edition features:

• Higher resolution support: up to 1024x768, and 854x480 widescreen mode.
  • Mouselook support added.
  • Remappable keys with three profiles to choose from: original controls, custom controls, and lefthanded controls.
  • Some original game bugs fixed.

Gameplay features:

• Rocket through cyberspace to steal information, hack security and grapple with watchdog defense programs enslaved to a maniacal computer.
  • Survive battle after battle against armies of killer cyborgs and deadly robots as you collect hardware attachments, life-sustaining patches and deadly weapons to combat mindless mutants.
  • Test your intelligence by solving puzzles, rewiring access panels and outwitting SHODAN in its own cyber-realm.
  • Enjoy the vastly improved controls and graphics of the Enhanced Edition - or keep your experience as close to the original as possible with the Classic version.
More information.

I'm playing System Shock 2 now, but I never played the first one. Should I stop playing the second one, and play them in chronological order or they're not really related to each other?

I'm playing System Shock 2 now, but I never played the first one. Should I stop playing the second one, and play them in chronological order or they're not really related to each other?

They're related yes, but I played SS2 first and still enjoyed it tremendously.

Back
Top Bottom