Ghost of a Tale - Getting Closer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a new update for Ghost of a Tale, Seith feels confident he is getting closer to an early access release on Steam.

Development keeps moving forward at a brisk pace! We have reached a symbolic milestone: all the quests and dialogs for the pre-release are playable in-game from start to end. Which is super awesome!

Now of course there’s still a lot of work to do in order to insure nothing breaks along the way. But it feels great to see everything coming together. We are clearly moving closer to a stage where we’ll be able to put the game in your hands. Which is both scary and exhilarating.

And it made me realize a simple thing: Ghost of a Tale is not really a game you “beat”; it’s a game you should get immersed into. It’s about discovering things, exploring the scenery, talking to the characters, etc… In a nutshell: taking the time to enjoy it. Although Ghost of a Tale is a small game (compared to juggernauts like Skyrim or The Witcher), please believe me when I say that I’m doing my best for the experience to be a very nice one indeed.

Oh and recently I came around to implementing bendable grass; which is grass that physically responds to Tilo’s presence. It’s a subtle detail of course, but seeing that the game is aiming to achieve a certain level of immersion (without going overboard) I hope you’ll agree it does hold some value.

More information.

Such attention to detail in every aspect. It'll be fun just to wander around and look at everything.

Agreed. I'm really looking forward to this one. I have a huge backlog of games to play. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more games. I will make an exception for this game, and Age of Decadence. Can't wait to run around this world, and see what it has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom