Gothic 3 - Review @ Playfuls

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A lengthy review of Gothic 3 is up at Playfuls.com with a score of 8.6/10 and rather curious stylings:
Extremely curios regarding the changes of structure, precisely the level its altered by Piranha Bytes operative manner, I set out to dissect the problem, making my way through intrigue and dialogues, with inherent pauses for the "wow!" kind of situations. Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of the expeditious beginnings, where the character is thrown in the fierce action's eddy, not ten seconds away from the loading screen contemplation. But in this case, despite the fact that the first moments fail in allowing a proper rest at the end of a presumable exhausting journey, the course of events doesn't have moments of "slumber", but flawlessly follows the resolution of the long war between humans and orcs, and the "new world order" that claims its rights.
More information.

Douchebag

What an ass-head.

Guy thinks he's bloody Wordsworth or something.
Someone should tell him he can't actually write.

AND he uses too many quote marks.

After playing the game for about 15-20 hours, I'm starting to think that the 85-90 range reviews that are coming out are too high. The engine runs absolutely horrible and combat is mostly broken. This was a game that was pushed out the door about six months too early and was clearly not playtested enough.

WTF

I couldn't understand any of it without reading really slowly.

Is this what you would call 'writing in prose'? I don't know, but it's all garbage in terms of being of any use to anyone.

Whew.... I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't understand a word of this review. I thought maybe I was losing my mind. Charles Dickens would have been more coherent!

Back
Top Bottom