Star Traders 2 - Character and Jobs Design

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Kickstarter update #45 for Star Traders 2 about character development:

Honored Captains, Backers and Friends,

We're hard at work on the first playable module of the game, and wanted to share some updates.

Character Creation Module

The character creation module is moving forward at a good clip here at Trese Brothers (once-again digital) HQ. Two weeks ago, we took the full presentation to the Executive Producers team and shared the plan. As always, we received top-notch feedback which has helped us see more angles on the challenges and hone the design to be even stronger.

We wanted to take the opportunity to share some of the ideas and progress with you. We are taking some extra time as we work through the character creation module, as this is our moment to lay a high quality foundation for everything that comes after.

We’re building a core RPG, so you’re going to see some familiar ideas in Star Traders 2 RPG -- Attributes, Skills, Traits. On top of that we’re layering a multi-Jobs system, a passive Talent’s system, and the really kicker is the mutation and growth of Traits through world events. Every character -- including your Captain, Officers, and every lowly crew member -- will be built up of these scores and different aspects.

In character creation, you’ll be able to prioritize and set all of these scores and qualities. Or, there will be a wealth of fun template characters to pick from and play immediately. For purposes of good balance, these templates will just be characters built from the customizer. When the module is released, we'll be ask you to help us come up with the best list of templates to load into the game.

[...]
More information.

Thank you for the info, Eye! - The Trese Brothers are making good games.

They sure are. I think I've gifted more than twenty of their products, they have a certain pleasant style that seems to be present in each product they release, and that is a very good thing.

They sure are. I think I've gifted more than twenty of their products, they have a certain pleasant style that seems to be present in each product they release, and that is a very good thing.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing our games with so many people!

I hope you've had a chance to check out Templar Battleforce, our newest release :D

P.s. This is Andrew, artist / developer.

Back
Top Bottom