Startrail - Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Kordanor wrote in to let us know that Crafty Studios, the Developers of Blade of Destiny HD, are now officially developing the second part of the trilogy Startrail. They worked on it before but apparently couldn't continue due to the legal conflicts they faced earlier.
Startrail development is based on Version 1.36 of Blade of Destiny. They are also adding some improvements like new models and combat areas for combat. They already have a development blog (German Only) and this time around they will also have an Early Access phase.

Writing these lines has been an urge I had to resist for quite some time now, but today it is finally possible: Crafty Studios have found an agreement with UIG for the development of Realms of Arkania Startrail HD, official work on it has already been restartet. We will use the current Version 1.36 of Blade of Destiny as the Base for Development. There is also a new website at http://www.sternenschweif.com along with a development blog, currently in german only. We are looking forward to our journey into the Svellt Valley, even more since we can take you all along on the ride!
The website is in German only at the moment.

More information.

I want to have hope...I do...but considering the ongoing saga of the first HD remake---I don't know if they can handle perpetual development of 2+ games.

Though, maybe there's hope to be found in having the foundations from the first game's HD misadventure to work from as well as explicitly pursuing an Early Access release phase first this time around. Maybe.

The difference between an expert and a novice is that the expert has failed more often.
So I guess they're on a good way.

I've replayed the original trilogy in 2012 and think I'll come back to these remakes when they're polished in some years.

Back
Top Bottom