Grim Dawn - Deceased Father Immortalized

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Kotaku covers the heartwrenching story of a 64-year-old (obsessed) fan of Grim Dawn who recently died of lung cancer. Crate decided to immortalize him as a guard in the game.

sbhbftotoxue49k8l8ru.png

John Hathway’s father was a big fan of the Diablo-style action RPG Grim Dawn. He liked it so much that during an emergency room visit, he left the game running. In November, Lee Hathway died of lung cancer. Upon hearing the news, the developers of Grim Dawn decided to put Lee into the game.

Diablo was one of those rare games John could play with his father, so he backed back the 2012 Kickstarter for Grim Dawn, which raised more than $500,000.

"Once he activated his key he never stopped playing," John wrote in a forum post on the game’s official message board. “Every time a new feature would roll out he would delete all his characters and start over to experience the new content and let me know what I had to look forward to."
More information.

More information.

Good story. My dad is 68 and still plays games with my brother and I. Introduced me to video games and RPGs in the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom